Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 Kia Sportage EX and recently purchased a Pioneer AVH-4100nex (love the head unit and Android Auto has been really nice) and as you might expect, want to use controls on my steering wheel to control volume and so on. To do this I purchased the Metra Axxess ASWC-1 Universal Steering Wheel Control Interface but I've had nothing but trouble with its install.

It's getting power (I measured with a voltage meter that lights up) but I guess it's not making a good ground connection. I've tried the ground in the wiring harness, the grounding point by the drivers foot area, and a grounding point I found just to the right of the head unit location but none of these seam to work as the light on the ASWC unit never lights up (I don't fully understand how to check if a grounding point is a quality grounding point).

If you've installed an Axxess ASWC-1 can you give me any pointers you might have? I'm about to the point where I'm giving up on it and trying a different steering wheel control interface.

Also, how do you remove the lighters and ports just below the air conditioning/heating controls (the lighters with the AUX and USB port)? I also purchased the PAC USB-HY1 OEM USB Port Retention Cable and don't imagine a problem installing it if I can figure out how to get that darn lighter port area out.

If you consider replying with "take it to a professional" please don't waste your time. I'm a broke high school teacher with a landscaping summer job to help make ends meet (two beautiful little kids and way too many student loans) and the head unit works perfectly after I installed it.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I would contact the people at Crutchfield.com. They provide free assistance with anything audio regardless of whether or not you purchased something from their site.
They have loads of information and assistance to offer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the heads up! I didn't think they would help unless you purchased item(s) from them.

I would contact the people at Crutchfield.com. They provide free assistance with anything audio regardless of whether or not you purchased something from their site.
They have loads of information and assistance to offer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts