Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
No Acceleration when taking off and stutter 06 Sedonas

My girlfriend has an 06 Sedona minivan and when she gives it gas it stutters and doesnt want to go she says autozone says something about lean fuel in some of the cylinders is what the codes read what can we do

·
Registered
2006 Kia Sedona 1997 Land Rover Discovery
145 Posts
Your description is pretty vague.
Punctuation helps too.
The air intake tube likes to crack in the creases and leak in unmetered air.

·
Registered
263 Posts
My girlfriend has an 06 Sedona minivan and when she gives it gas it stutters and doesnt want to go she says autozone says something about lean fuel in some of the cylinders is what the codes read what can we do
Please list the code(s), along with the EXACT text code reader displays (for each) code, if multiple codes are present.

Visually inspect the intake tube. (It comes off pretty easy)... this said if it's rotten if you disturb it- have spare transportation on hand or some silicone rubber handy to reseal cracks.

PS: How many miles on car?

BTW: We know you need "HELP".
You (Or one of the MODS here) needs to EDIT the thread title to reflect the PROBLEM you're having.

(It's called using a DESCRIPTIVE THREAD TITLE) such helps others help you better..(Most seasoned posters/high end techs will totally ignore HELP ME!!!!! TYPE THREADS.) and helps OTHERS who are having the problem later.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the suggestions so far... and yes I am new to this forum and posting so thanks for the suggestions on that also

·
Registered
263 Posts
Thanks for the suggestions so far... and yes I am new to this forum and posting so thanks for the suggestions on that also
On any forum, try to use a "descriptive thread title"... Imagine all the threads on the forum being HELP ME!!!!.. types..

On the car- post back the codes- along with the text displayed...
Doing so:
Helps others help you better.
Shows you respect other people's time
Helps those with same problem later on.

Last thing... Remember to post a FOLLOW-UP post when the issue has been resolved.

PS: It also helps to post part numbers of parts that fixed the problem...

This helps everyone.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Thanks for editing the thread title.

Thanks for editing the thread title.

"HELP !!!! with 06 Sedona"

to:

No Acceleration when taking off and stutter 06 Sedonas

Remember to post a (detailed) FOLLOW-UP post when the issue has been resolved.

·
Registered
06 Sedona LX, 06 Sedona EX, 14 Forte EX, 11 Sportage EX, 11 Forte 5-door SX, 15 K900 VIP+
1,145 Posts
I am willing to bet money it is the air intake tube. Have had the problem with both of my Sedonas, producing the symptoms you describe. New tubes run about $40 if you have a good dealer. $50-75+ if you have an iffy dealer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts