Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had the rack and pinion steering replaced and now the car seems to have too much play in the power steering. It seems that slight turning of the wheel left or right and the car moves excessively to one side or the other as if it is wandering and hard to maintain a straight track. I notice this more on uneven roads where steering control is most important. On straight, smooth freeways it's not as noticeable until a lane change and then I notice that I hardly move the wheel and it turns excessively. This is not only a driving performance issue but also a safety issue.

What needs to be done to correct this so the power steering play is back to manufactures specifications? How is it done so that there is not too much (loose) or too little (hard) steering? Is there an adjustment and spec of some sort?

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
I now drive a 2003 S-10 Had an 03 LX 3.5 Sorento
2,365 Posts
If you had a shop do it, take it back to them. If you did it make sure ALL the parts went back in. I.E. any hydraulic fitting that might have fallen out of a hose. Some systems have a restrictor in them to dampen the flow. Not sure on this one.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts