Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if/when K & N will carry their _awesome_ lifetime air filters for my new 2005 Spectra 2.0L?? I've sent them email (with no response) and tried to Google everywhere else, but unable to find any info about it.

I'm a bit pissed off that it is the middle of MARCH 2005 already, and yet NO ONE seems to have any aftermarket accessories for the new 2005 Kia Spectra!?! How silly. How sad. I had to buy the dealer bra for it (but actually I'm glad I did...it fits perfectly.) But the point is that there weren't that many changes from 2004 to 2005, so why not more blingbling for the new year?

Note to self: pull off bra and clean out the road crap AT LEAST monthly to prevent/lessen swirls in the paint under the bra from trapped rocks and sand...

---===---===---=== questions I need answered

1. What exactly does a Cold Air Intake do? How does it work? Is it worth the expense? Does it void any warranty to have it installed?

2. What is the weight of the stock wheels? I want to reduce the unsprung vehicle weight by going with aftermarket alloy wheels, say, Enki 10.6 lb beauties...has anyone done this and have comments on it?

3. I was also thinking about the stiffer sway bar to lessen roll in the tight corners on Washington state highways -- has anyone done this and have comments on it?

TIA!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts