Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've got an obnoxious problem I cannot figure out.
When I'm accelerating, there's a crazy loud screeching noise coming from what I think is the engine bay, but it could be wheel well related? I'm not super car-savvy so I'm not sure, that's just what I've heard.

I just bought my 2010 Kia Forte Ex used and had it inspected, the front brakes were replaced (among other things like part of the exhaust) and I also asked them to look into the screeching but they didn't find anything or tell me anything about it.

The strangest part is that while in neutral/park and I rev the engine, the noise isn't there. Or if it is, it's too quiet for me to hear it. I doubt it is too quiet, however, as I can hear it while accelerating with the windows down (and up) while driving.

I've read that most screeching noises come from the Idler Pulley or the AC Compressor Pulley? I'm not sure why either of those would only screech on acceleration though. I know literally nothing about Kias (more of a Saab guy) so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
110 Posts
First off I’d get a piece of garden hose ( or similar tubing) and use it as a stereoscope and listen carefully to each moving part while idling.

Just a guess but maybe it’s the serpentine belt....possibly at idle the alternator and power steering are not under as much load as when going down the road.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts