Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I have a 2004 kia sorento, auto diesel and have had 5 years fault free motoring. As soon as ive finished paying for it, the front propshaft went.

I wasnt going too fast maybe 35-40 when it went, lot of clacking etc.

I noted when i'd stoped, when I went to put it into park, the stick shift wasnt
lining up with the letter/numbers say when I put it into park, it would be half way down into the other letter.

I managed to get it to a garage and got the propshaft fixed, however once I got back into it, I noted when I went to put it into d - drive, it was still half way into another letter.

Once in drive it seems fine, there is no issue, it drives fine, however the gear stick doesnt shift correctly i.e instead of being in d for drive its half way down, plus I cannot put it manually into 2nd.

Any ideas, is the gear box damaged, is my beloved sorento dead, or is there a simply repair

Any answer would really help me, as I am skint and very down help please

·
Registered
13 Posts
Any ideas, is the gear box damaged, is my beloved sorento dead, or is there a simply repair
In this situation that is better to avoid any panic. You can visit service center and ask them to run tests. I believe such type of cars were made in order to be serviced in the right places not by yourself.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Robert for the reply, however I would not try anything myself, I am clueless with this stuff.

Just hoping it may be something simple and not something that will kill off my car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts