Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Passenger Side Sliding Door Symptoms:
1.OPEN: If use remote or inside button (by door or up front) hear clicking sound; door does not operate at all.
2.OPEN: If pull BACK on inside handle door opens fine. If I do not hold handle back door gets stuck. (pushing handle forward does NOTHING-note pushing handle forward or reverse should open/close door)
3.OPEN: If pull outside handle and hold door opens fine.
4.CLOSE: If use remote or button (by door or up front) door gets stuck
5.CLOSE: If push inside handle FORWARD and hold door opens fine.
6.CLOSE: IF pull back on inside handle or pull back and hold door gets stuck
7.CLOSE: If pull outside handle and hold door closes fine. If don’t hold gets stuck

Looks like something is not electrically engaging allowing the door open or close as it should ? Thinking whatever the clicking sound is trying to engage in #1 above may be the culprit ? Any help on what the actually problem is woud be a great help or if anyone has a schematic of the parts of the power door that would even be a help. Thanks !

·
Registered
Kia Cee'd SW, Hyundai i20, Nissan 240SX
496 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds likely - unless the small cog on the actuator has broken?
Thanks. From ready and watching videos it looks like exact same problem. Ordered the actuator; hopefully it will arrive shortyl and installed by the weekend. Thanks again.

·
Registered
2006 Sedona EX LuxPkg
4 Posts
I'm having similar issues. but in my situation I have found there's a locking pin of some sort that keeps the door from rolling forward (from open position) the part clicks and the motor engages but that pin is sticking. I found its location and need to get some lube in there to free it up.

The door will close if I hold the outside, or inside handle for a second to allow the catch to move past that point.

Maybe you're experiencing the same?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts