Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2002 KIA spectra is a piece of crap!
Complete waste of money!

anyways, i have had numerous problems with it, and one that seems to be unfixable!
Sometimes, as i am accelerating my car pauses, then kicks back in. sort of like doing a bunny hop while going 60km. The 'emission control system' warning light comes on, and the car gives out a disgusting smell!. When i start up the car the next morning everything is fine again. this probelm comes and goes all the time, almost on a daily basis. Evertime i book my car into the dealer to get it serviced they cant find out what is wrong with it because the light turns off and it SOMEHOW starts acting normal again.
Can anyone help me with what the hell is going on with my car?

Im struggeling financially,so this car has been a complete waste of time and money!

·
Registered
4 Posts
i have alot of problem they haven't solved for me, my spectra just 1 month old only, I think we need to gather all the spectra owner together and write it down all our complaint together and ask the lawyer to issue a legal letter to Naza, ask them to compensate us.................

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just traded (unloaded) my 2002 Spectra. I thought that my 1978 Dodge Omni was the worse car I have ever owned, but the Spectra made it look like a decent car. Nothing but headaches from the car and the dealer.

It cost me plenty to get rid of the car, since it was essentially worthless. I feel your pain.

·
Registered
2005 Kia Spectra EX
84 Posts
:beer: Hello there, jared_spectra;

It happened on my 2005, I was always filling up to the gas cap. I now only fuel up to the first release of the fuel nozzel plus 1 litre. Never had that problem since.

Maybe it's a "charcoal canister" for the fuel tank vapour problem.

Hope this help. :57:

·
Registered
car
4,209 Posts
jared_spectra......my car has a hop between 15 and 30 mph. Can you describe the bunny hop your car has? Does it do anything else while it is hoping? Mine is going to the shop on Tuesday to get looked at.

·
Registered
5 Posts
How did you manage to get rid of yours? I owe about $7,000.00 than what mine is worth (even that seems like a lot for this piece of junk). Doesn't that mean I'm stuck with it? Any advice you have on getting rid of one would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Getting rid of my 2002 Spectra was a combination of factors. I was upside down by several thousand too. My credit union would finance up to MSRP on a new car. The best deal I found on a decent car was on a 2005 Saturn Ion 1. Employee pricing plus a 1,500 rebate took the car from 14,700 down to 12,189. I used the differnce towards the negative equtity plus had to put $1,600 of my own money towards the purchase. I'm a high chool teacher, and used money I made teaching summer school. It was worht the pain, as I was saily holding my breath on the Spectra. I listed my problems with the car on another post here.

Good luck dumping your car. By the way, the best trade in I could get was $1,600. The car was full of problems and worthless. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 - 8 of 8 Posts