Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

My wife and I each have a Sportage, and we are both thinking of upgrading them. In looking at carsales.com.au etc I have become confused trying to figure out exactly what models we have.

My wife's is a 2007, 3.7l 6 cyl petrol engine, automatic. The only thing on the back (other than 'Sportage') is '6 Cyl'.

The VIN begins: KNAJE5538874.....

Mine is a 2009, 2.0l 4 cyl diesel engine, 6 speed manual. The only thing on the back (other than 'Sportage') is 'CRDi'.

The VIN begins: KNAJE5555874......

There are no other model markings anywhere. They are both 4wd ( or AWD ).

Can anybody point me to a VIN decoder/information for australian kia models?

I have also seen references to 'MY09' or 'MY10', what do these mean?

Thanks.

·
Registered
MY13 Sportage Platinum Sat Nav. Petrol
5 Posts
Hi All,

My wife and I each have a Sportage, and we are both thinking of upgrading them. In looking at carsales.com.au etc I have become confused trying to figure out exactly what models we have.

My wife's is a 2007, 3.7l 6 cyl petrol engine, automatic. The only thing on the back (other than 'Sportage') is '6 Cyl'.

The VIN begins: KNAJE5538874.....

Mine is a 2009, 2.0l 4 cyl diesel engine, 6 speed manual. The only thing on the back (other than 'Sportage') is 'CRDi'.

The VIN begins: KNAJE5555874......

There are no other model markings anywhere. They are both 4wd ( or AWD ).

Can anybody point me to a VIN decoder/information for australian kia models?

I have also seen references to 'MY09' or 'MY10', what do these mean?

Thanks.
MY=Model Year. But do not be fooled by it. My car is MY13 thats 2013. But it wasn't built in 2013 cause obviously its 2012. Mine was built June 2012 Complied July 2013.

Model year just means that my 2013 model car will be the car everyone will get next year but once its a my14 it could be different. The later the MY year the better the re-sale.

Call up kia and give them your vin number and they should be able to tell you all the specs you need.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MY=Model Year. But do not be fooled by it. My car is MY13 thats 2013. But it wasn't built in 2013 cause obviously its 2012. Mine was built June 2012 Complied July 2013.

Model year just means that my 2013 model car will be the car everyone will get next year but once its a my14 it could be different. The later the MY year the better the re-sale.

Call up kia and give them your vin number and they should be able to tell you all the specs you need.
Thanks tbal,

that makes sense.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts