Kia Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Sportage EX- Decked out!
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 Sportage EX. No modifications at this point. I saw on Ebay a front grill for the SX model (mesh type) for $98. The price isn't the concern. I'm torn between sticking with my current one (slightly boring, but clean) or replacing with the SX model.

What are your thoughts?

Attachments

·
Registered
Kia 2015 Sportage Platinum diesel and 2013 Rio 3 door SLS
595 Posts
I've got the "SX" grille on mine, and quite prefer it to the stock unit. SX Turbo not available here in Australia, but the Turbo grille is my preference as it is "different" to all the other Sportages on our roads.

Stock grille makes it look just a little too much like a truck, in my opinion. A little too plain.

·
Registered
2011 Sportage, 2007 GTI, 2000 Firehawk
138 Posts
I like the SX grill, but chose to just black out the chrome on my stock grill with plastidip and am happy with the result.

·
Registered
Kia Sportage EX- Decked out!
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've got the "SX" grille on mine, and quite prefer it to the stock unit. SX Turbo not available here in Australia, but the Turbo grille is my preference as it is "different" to all the other Sportages on our roads.

Stock grille makes it look just a little too much like a truck, in my opinion. A little too plain.
How easy is it to replace the grill if I buy? I don't have a garage full of tools and I am unsure of the work required to pull out the old and put in the new. Simple process?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I replaced my stock grill with the SX grill and love the look. It was pretty straight forward. I referenced a youtube video, I'll try to find the link and post it.

·
Registered
Kia 2015 Sportage Platinum diesel and 2013 Rio 3 door SLS
595 Posts
Covered with the bug net on our latest travels, but you can get the idea.

·
Premium Member
2017 Kia Niro Touring w/Tech Pkg, Blue/Grey
1,886 Posts
Grills are for barbequeing.............

1 - 16 of 16 Posts