Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I just purchased 2008 Kia Rio base model with 80K on it, love the car so far and been doing some maintenance to it, my passenger side lower control arm is damaged and i have been trying to get the sub frame bolt removed but it seems like its stuck on there pretty good, I can take off the nut without any issue its just the bolt that seems to be corroded and seized between the sub frame and the control arm bushings. I have tried using pb blast and hammering it out but i am not having much luck.

From what i can see the control arm is held up by 3 bolts in total with 2 being in the frame and the last being the ball joint bolt. I have managed to remove the other 2 bolts however the last one is a pain in the butt and i am running out of patience if anyone can post up a diagram or a procedure that would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
06 Sedona LX, 06 Sedona EX, 14 Forte EX, 11 Sportage EX, 11 Forte 5-door SX, 15 K900 VIP+
1,143 Posts
Register at kiatechinfo.com. You will find the full service manual for your car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts