Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
power door locks are out, wont work by remote either. Dome light wont come on and clock wont come on. When ever the key is turned on the odometer features comes on to Trip A. Normally this would come on to whatever it was left on...usually outside temp.

pulled each of the individual fuses from the fuse box and they are all good...any ideas what my problem is?

2009 Optima SX. Ive got 38,000 miles so my warranty is out :(

Any help greatly appreciated

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Either no one has ever had this problem or there are no helpful mechanics on this forum. So I'll be the first.

If anyone else ever has this problem check the 15A Memory Fuse in the dash fuse panel.

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,928 Posts
I just found your posts (today 02/19) and you said "pulled each of the individual fuses from the fuse box and they are all good." so I did not suggest the "Room" fuse because of your above statement that you checked them ALL.
ANY memorized settings (clock/trip/radio/etc...) would have thrown a red flag indicating the Room fuse. KIA like most other car makers us one fused circuit can/could be used for other functions seamingly unrelated as well...

So "us" mechanics were thrown a curve ball from your mis-information..
Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts