Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sedona LX
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! First time poster here.

I bought my 2011 Sedona a year and an half ago new (now has 21K miles). We bought it because of the price and warranty. We bought from a dealer who has the engines/trans/oil changes for life. So, I really want to keep this van forever, but...

I am just really annoyed by the van. There are so many little things about it that I can stand such as:

1. I unlock the van with the fob, open the driver door, do something in the van but don't close the door, and the door relocks.
2. The dome lights in the in front stay on for about 7 seconds after I shut off the engine and they turn off. I need way more than that just to get my stuff together! What has been happening is that I will manually turn the dome light on and then forget to turn it off. Duh
3. Passenger and driver side doors are constantly getting stuck when we try to open them. I sometimes have to yank on the door and then the motor kicks in.
4. howling wind noise from the tires as well as the front windows..since day one
5. after a rain, water collects on the hatch and will soak you if you try to open it
6.van has been stuck in park twice (had to spin my steering wheel back and forth for about 10 minutes to unstick it)
7. ESC light comes on for no reason and then turns off
8. cd player stopped working

I love the price I paid, the roominess, comfort, style, and peppiness. We are upside down now, so I can't do anything but ask for your help in this effort of falling in love with my Sedona.

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,236 Posts
Hi! First time poster here.

I bought my 2011 Sedona a year and an half ago new (now has 21K miles). We bought it because of the price and warranty. But, I am just really annoyed by the van. There are so many little things about it that I can stand such as:

1. I unlock the van with the fob, open the driver door, do something in the van but don't close the door, and the door relocks.
Is that the same door that you originally opened? Cars will normally auto-lock, but only if you haven't opened any door.
2. The dome lights in the in front stay on for about 7 seconds after I shut off the engine and they turn off. I need way more than that just to get my stuff together! What has been happening is that I will manually turn the dome light on and then forget to turn it off.
Leave the engine on with door open?
3. Passenger and driver side doors are constantly getting stuck when we try to open them. I sometimes have to yank on the door and then the motor kicks in.
See Service Department or apply some spray lube?
4. howling wind noise from the tires as well as the front windows..since day one
Not likely to be wind noise from the tyres. Try a different brand of tyre?
5. Rainwater on hatch.
Design problem?
6.van has been stuck in park twice (had to spin my steering wheel back and forth for about 10 minutes to unstick it)
There is usually an "Unlock" button near the shifter.
7. ESC light comes on for no reason and then turns off
Service dept.
8. CD player stopped working
Warranty item.

I love the price I paid, the roominess, comfort, style, and peppiness. We are upside down now, so I can't do anything but ask for your help in this effort of falling in love with my Sedona.
It's quite a bit of van for the money, but you can't expect total refinement at a low price. More expensive brands have lots of little touches that you don't notice until they're not there.

·
Registered
06 Sedona LX, 06 Sedona EX, 14 Forte EX, 11 Sportage EX, 11 Forte 5-door SX, 15 K900 VIP+
1,143 Posts
Have you brought up any of these concerns to your dealer? I will try to respond you your concerns as best as I can.

1. When you unlock using the fob, the car is designed to re-lock after 30 seconds - if NO doors are opened. If it re-locks while the driver door is open, maybe the door switch is bad. Does it re-lock if any other doors are open? Does the red "door ajar" light on the dash light up when the driver door is open?

2. The dome light is designed to stay on for 30 seconds after the engine is stopped. This annoys me as well. I have gotten into the habit of opening the door just a little, in order to keep the light on while I collect my things.

3. Please elaborate on this a little bit more. You have the power doors it sounds like. What do you mean by "stuck"? The handle is sticking, or the door itself is sticking?

4. Road noise has a lot to do with the crappy stock tires. Those tires won't last much longer, OEM tires rarely last beyond 30k. Looking back at the maintenance records, and even the factory Michelin tires on my 06 Sedona were replaced at 30k miles. As for the wind noise, it could be several things. Ask your dealer.

5. Please elaborate on this a little bit more....looking at the hatch on my Sedona, I can't see anywhere where water could collect.....is it collecting INSIDE the door?

6. Were you parked on any kind of incline when this happened? Was the gear LEVER stuck, or was the gear lever shifted, and the vehicle still stuck in park? Could be a faulty switch on the transmission itself. This is another issue for the dealer to address....it is why you have the warranty you mentioned.

7. How long does it come on for? Under what conditions does it come on? Does it do it while driving? In park? Is it the "ESC" light or the "ESC OFF" light? Does it flash or illuminate steady. Visit your dealer, maybe it has thrown a code.

8. Again, it is for issues like this that the warranty comes in handy. Visit your dealer.
-
I hope some of this helps!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts