Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99 sportage. My wife came home I said it would not run. I thought it was that oxygen sensor. I bought one but when i went to put it on. I found that the exhaust manafold was cracked..... I bought a new one & installed it. This did not fix the engine light from coming on after i cleared the computer.

I said mybe spark plug & wires. I replaced those. Nothing.

I also have a problem with the door locks. The locks will lock & unlock by themseleves.

I went down to autozone and they read the codes inside the computer.
It said low voltage oxygen sensor.
Has anyone heard of this before.

·
Registered
349 Posts
What was the trouble code that Autozone pulled? The codes are formatted PXXXX, where XXXX is a series of numbers. If you can get the number and post here it will greatly aid in fixing it. Especially since there are TWO O2 sensors. The trouble code will tell which one is causing the problem.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yes.. Hi-Scan your car to locate the fault (there are sensors such as Crank-angle, Oxygen and TPS etc on the Sportage) and change accordingly. In addition, the central locking problem is due to faulty ETWIS...(located right undernearth the glove compartment)... good luck.

·
Registered
13 Posts
My locks were locking and unlocking one day- I finally figured out the hatch wasn't closed all the way- it was latched, and the tire behind was latched, but not totally closed. The kia's locks constantly locked and unlocked- For some reason it struck me to check the hatch- once it was fully closed, it stopped doing that.

I felt stupid, but also thrilled that I didn't have to spend a zillion dollars getting it fixed.

Probably not the same problem as yours, but I thought I'd share-

Jennai

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks every one.

Well, i am going to take it to the dealer.

The inspection sticker ran out last month.
I can not take it to get inspected because the engine light is on.

I hope the dealer has better luck.

I will fill you in on the result.

I do not like it when you do not get the end of the story, if the dealer can fix it.

If the cost of fixing the KIA is equal to or more than i have left on the note i do not know what to do.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well the story goes on.

The dealer said it was OXYGEN sensor even though i replaced it 100 dollars
The dealer also fixed the air condition 500 dollars

A/C problem description:
Push button on dash the compresser ran for a few seconds then the presure relase valve on the comressor would blow out r34 everywhere.

A/C solution:
The dealer replaced the expansion valve in the dash???????
Never heard of it.

Took car to be inspected. Failed again NOT READY AGAIN.
My wife just got home from a trip to the beach.

Check engine light is on again still not inspected.
Back to the dealer again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts