Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just taken my 2004 Sorento into the dealership to have it's first service (3700 mile I believe) and when it went in at 8am it had 3100 miles on the clock.

When I picked it up an hour later, it had 3800 miles on the clock!

Apparently the service only consisted of an oil change and "checking the lights".

No could "checking the lights" mean the dashboard lights too - I've heard of digital odometers storing the mileage in the light control switch, is it possible they screwed that up?

I mean how do you screw an odometer - would it have to be short-cicuited, or maybe if they plugged a diagnostic computer in?

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,127 Posts
Originally posted by sej7278@Jan 4 2005, 02:52 PM
I've just taken my 2004 Sorento into the dealership to have it's first service (3700 mile I believe) and when it went in at 8am it had 3100 miles on the clock.

When I picked it up an hour later, it had 3800 miles on the clock!

Apparently the service only consisted of an oil change and "checking the lights".

No could "checking the lights" mean the dashboard lights too - I've heard of digital odometers storing the mileage in the light control switch, is it possible they screwed that up?

I mean how do you screw an odometer - would it have to be short-cicuited, or maybe if they plugged a diagnostic computer in?
Im hoping you told them about this right when you found out.. if not i am betting they will not believe that they did it. not saying they didnt as my dealer is a little crooked also. What id do is call/talk with them say i noticed it right after i got home. if not im sure your sorento is still under warrinty and have em fix it...... hope this helps!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm not saying I know the answer, But what reasoning would they have to do that? And is it at all possible that the odometer was showing one of two trips and not the mileage of the car when you went in? The service advisor should hit the trip button if it is showing when he checks the mileage but because the trip mileage was so high he may have assume it was the true mileage. And either way when you got in, the true mileage is now showing on the odometer and not the trip? :blink:
Hit your trip button and see if there a trip that is 700 miles short of your true mileage.
There is very little they could do to change the mileage 700 miles in one hours time.

Allen

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It seems they also screwed the heating system, or at least the dashboard controls, as now my A/C doesn't work (and no light), the hot/cold wheel doesn't do anything (and the light doesn't come on either).

The dealership (Joe Kerley Lincolm Mercury Jeep Kia!) said they're going to look at it tomorrow, and give me a courtesy car in the meantime (the car is only 4 months old and has the 10 year full warranty).

I was beginning to think that, as you say, the guy looked at the trip meter instead of the odometer, but now the heating doesn't work, I'm thinking they have screwed the electronics in the dash somehow.....

BTW, I did tell them about the odometer right away, I got 5 miles down the road before noticing and turned around. I've only just noticed the heating issue this last few days.

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,127 Posts
Originally posted by sej7278@Jan 12 2005, 02:57 PM
It seems they also screwed the heating system, or at least the dashboard controls, as now my A/C doesn't work (and no light), the hot/cold wheel doesn't do anything (and the light doesn't come on either).

The dealership (Joe Kerley Lincolm Mercury Jeep Kia!) said they're going to look at it tomorrow, and give me a courtesy car in the meantime (the car is only 4 months old and has the 10 year full warranty).

I was beginning to think that, as you say, the guy looked at the trip meter instead of the odometer, but now the heating doesn't work, I'm thinking they have screwed the electronics in the dash somehow.....

BTW, I did tell them about the odometer right away, I got 5 miles down the road before noticing and turned around. I've only just noticed the heating issue this last few days.
I hope they sort it out for you!!! keep us updated! :D

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by 1fastkia@Jan 18 2005, 10:23 AM
I hope they sort it out for you!!! keep us updated! :D
they fixed the heating issue - apparently it was a lose wire to the "control head" or something, they probably pulled it out whilst doing the oil change!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Changing the oil and "checking the lights" Wich im guessing means pulling codes wouldnt affect either. Prolly an eletrical problem not caused by the dealer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
All of that info is stored on an eprom, so ask them what were they doing there if they do not know how to use the software then stay the hell away.

How did oyu make out on this?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts