Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am new to these forums but am hoping someone can help.

I just this week bought a KIA Carens CRDI Automatic 7 seater on a 57 plate. I am at work and the wife has just alerted me that their is a light which has stayed on the dash when she started the car. The light (according to her description!) is on the left hand side of the dash halfway up and is an upright rectangle which has the bottom half filled in red and the top of the rectabgle has 2 parallel lines coming out on both sides.

Unfortunately the manual was not supplied with the car (any ideas if i can download one?) and we have not got a clue what this symbol means!

Any help you guys can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,540 Posts
I presume your from the UK, and guessing that 57 plate is a 2007 model. I checked the pdf manual I have on the 2007 Canadian Rondo (Carens) and the only thing that I can see that even comes close to your description, is the low washer fluid level warning indicator. However, as vehicles are not necessary equipped the same worldwide its hard for me to say if this correct, but that's the best I can come up with.

Here in Canada we can download owners manuals from the Kia Canada website, maybe try the Kia UK website for the same thing.

·
Registered
2014 Kia Soul, 1.6hdi auto, in Mixx trim, White over Powder Blue
650 Posts
Welcome to the forum & congrats on your purchase.

I can't place that symbol in my head but Conwelpics guess sounds fair to me, shows how we all reply on the power of a photo!

Afaik there is no online manual for the UK model & certainly no Haynes manual or similar although registration with the KGIS site (https://www.kiatechinfo.com/Index.asp) is always advised as you will find technical help there.

There is a dedicated UK forum which you also might like to join here: Carens - Kia Owners Club Forums - Page 1

Happy driving!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am a UK buyer.
Thanks for the help guys and the manual download is a nice added extra. Will check it all out when i get home.
Thanks again

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
On another note does anyone have any advice for a UK model with regards to car seat covers on 7 seater>?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts