Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I changed the fuel tank air filter and the in-tank fuel filter (cartridge type) on my 07, Rondo today. Now the car won't start. Is there a reset switch or anything I'm missing? Took hose loose from the filter output at the top and it seems to be pumping okay. I really need some help with this one. Thanks!

I have the 6 cylinder, 2.7 engine.

·
Registered
2010 Subaru Impreza 2.5i Premium 5-door, *old* 2009 Kia Rondo LX 4cyl 2.4L
492 Posts
billman2000, you might want to fill out your details (location, engine size, etc) to help other forum members help you.

Also, you might want to remove your email address from your post, unless you just enjoy multiplying your spam exponentially. Forum members can PM you, but that's not really what forums are good for (best to get everyone's opinion).

·
Registered
04 Mercedes C230, 08 Rondo LX V6
367 Posts
Same thing happened to my Rondo when dealer changed out the filter. The pump and lines were air-bound. Not exactly sure the steps to solve, but I know the pump and filter had to be uninstalled.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
All is well. I removed the pump assembly again, reinstalled it, and it fired right up. Best guess is that the first time I failed to get the pump assembly retainer ring snugged down tight enough to allow sufficient pressure to build up. Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts