Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
UB Rio 1.2L EX MT (2012 Model)
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I've got a UB Rio 1.2L EX MT (2012 Model) and I wanna add a keyless entry system to it. It already has power locks and power windows.

I purchased the Pyle Remote Start/Alarm System. Does anyone have a guide that can help me out.

First of all, I'd like to know if this is possible and if it has been done before. If it has, i would greatly appreciate some guidance.

Attached the manual that came with the remote system.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
2017 KIA Forte5 SX, 2017 KIA Sportage EX Lux, 1986 Pontiac Fiero SE 2m6
77 Posts
Hey!
Yes it is possible to add this system to your car.

What is your electrical/electronics knowledge level? Have you done anything like this before? If not and you're not very technical/hands-on then driving your car to a local installer, handing them the keys to your car, the box of new parts, and some cash/credit card might be the better way to go.

That said - if you want to do it yourself, read and re-read the instructions included, then read them again. You can find more information for the electrics inside your RIO on kiatechinfo.com; such as wire colours and pin location so you can match them up with the Pyle system. I'd recommend writing this info down on paper, and then using masking tape on the wire harness before going to the car. If you can plan it out before you lift a screwdriver, the install will go much smoother.

Then when you know what you're doing and where you're going, disconnect the battery.

I won't provide any further info (yet?) - as you should be comfortable with electrical/electronics before you attempt this.... and I don't want to be responsible for locking you out of the car with the alarm sounding.

·
Registered
UB Rio 1.2L EX MT (2012 Model)
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your feedback sargeants.

Well, I have done quite a number of electrical wiring for my home and small devices but I have never done this for a car.

I just registered on kiatechinfo.com and will begin checking out the wiring diagrams there. After reading and re-reading all manuals and wiring diagrams I will get back to you with an update.

I wanted to first be sure that this was possible an had been done before.

Question! If I by chance get locked out with the alarm sounding cant I simply use the key to get back in?

·
Registered
2017 KIA Forte5 SX, 2017 KIA Sportage EX Lux, 1986 Pontiac Fiero SE 2m6
77 Posts
You would be able to get into the car with the key. But not sure how you would disable the alarm... possibly pull the fuse/power for it?
For a factory system (at least my old Hyundai)you just have to put the key into the ignition and in the 'ON' position for 30secs and the alarm would stop. This may be in the information with your system... or maybe a question for Pyle.

Yea - no worries about adding it on, since it's a standard aftermarket keyless entry/alarm unit that people install in cars everyday. You'll just be piggy backing the door lock solenoids and other wires to get it working.

Happy reading!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts