Kia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Niro 2017
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, looking to go ahead and upgrade the Niro's speakers and install a separate amp and sub. Only issue is that the traditional Niro 12v is much smaller than a regular 12v battery due to it being a hybrid. Has anyone yet installed an aftermarket sub amp in the Niro before? Did you run into any complications and is it safe for me to proceed in installing with the niro's smaller 12v battery?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2017 Kia Niro
1 Posts
I've got the same question. I've asked around a bit and it sounds like we should be okay; I'm having my sub/amp installed next weekend so I guess we'll see how it goes!

·
Registered
2017 Niro
1 Posts
Hi all,

Just have a laundry list of questions really...I have a 2017 Niro LX (standard audio system, non-JBL)

1) Any photos of your installs?
2) What models do you have?
3) Would you say the sub was worth the money?
4) Did you also upgrade the OEM speakers in the doors & dash?

Please let me know your answers to 1-4 and let me know if it was worth it!!! =) Trying to decide for myself currently...

Cheers!!

·
Registered
Kia Niro Launch edition 2017
58 Posts
I do not know but I would see what the cold cranking Amps of the battery in our car has. As the story goes size does not really matter it's the capacity of the battery that matters. I may not run the audio system with the car not generating power in any case and make sure connections do not create a constant drain which will hurt you no matter how large a capacity the battery has

·
Registered
2018 Niro EX Premium
4 Posts
Just got the car today and speakers are horribly tinny even after adjusting the tone. Let me know what you upgraded to and if installation was difficult.

·
Registered
2018 Kia Niro PHEV
12 Posts
I added a Q Power vented box (40"x8") for a single 12" and a 500watt amp. The battery being in the back is convenient. Wired it up, attaching the amp remote turn on to the positive speaker for the back door using an aftermarket relay for this purpose, works great.

ITEM OF NOTE:
I scratched my head for the longest time, made numerous tech calls and finally sorted this out. The AV system "lights" when the remote is near, any door is open or of course when the car is on. After turning it off and walking away, it takes up to 90 seconds for the AV to shut down. I kept thinking my amp wasn't turning off at all, but this was not the case.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts