Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is normal to have some transmission fluid coming out of the back of the tranny after removing propeller shaft? I have to replace the center bearing that all the rubber went puff. When I started to remove the spline I saw some fliud coming out. Thanks for any input. I want to make sure that a little fluid coming out is normal before I remove the shaft. Sorento 2003 LX.

·
Registered
I now drive a 2003 S-10 Had an 03 LX 3.5 Sorento
2,484 Posts
Yes it is normal. When I did my CSB I also did the drain and fill. I just left the plug out for as long as the shaft was out. Instead of the usual 4 qts it took 5. I sent mine out because at the time the u-joints were not available for replacement. I did not want to mess them up and have to buy a new shaft. Make sure you get the CSB housing installed in the proper orientation or you will get a nasty vibration.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nstoolman1
Thanks. I replaced the CSB this past weekend with a couple of problems. One off the U joints bearing caps gave little trouble, but otherwise not to bad. The main problem was removing the 26 mm nut from the shaft so I could separate the U shaped part to remove and slide back the new bearing. I had to get my neighboor to help with his impact wrench and huge air compresssor (he is military helicopter mechanic). Other wise reasssembly was OK and so far no problems. I could smell a little burning rubber for a few trips, but is all gone.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts