Kia Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Kia Picanto
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,

check out my baby :57: ... i am currently looking stuff to increase engine performance.... found a device called Powertech.... you guys can check out http://www.powertec.ch/de/index.html

claims to improve the Pica's HP from 65 ~ 76HP torque from 94Nm to 105Nm, :thumbsup:

any comments , anybody used this powertech chip b4 ?? :unsure:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,121 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Kia Picanto
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by 1fastkia@Mar 13 2005, 07:05 PM
Let me start by saying nice ride!
And with our experiences here in the US all the "Mod chips" "HP chips" whatever they want to call them are a scam! I hope this helps you make a decision.
OIC, so the traditiional way is still Turbo charging it ? :D

·
Registered
2005 Kia Picanto
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Those are Kyrwo Rims from Taiwan,

rim are 15 inchs, tyre are 195/45R15... got them in SGP, a shop in AMK called POH HENG....

·
Registered
2 Posts
cool. How much you pay for them? With or without tyres? Brand of the tyres?

BTW me from SG also. Will be collecting my cobalt blue pica tomorrow or wednesday.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi there....
Why r u so hurry???? Make your car look nice and drive slowly la.... so everybody can envy of you... hehehehe....

·
Registered
1 Posts
Originally posted by wannakia@Mar 27 2005, 10:16 PM
Those are Kyrwo Rims from Taiwan,

rim are 15 inchs, tyre are 195/45R15... got them in SGP, a shop in AMK called POH HENG....
HI Wannakia, im also a pica owner from SGP and i also changed my rims at Poh Heng. I tink the after sales service sucks..anw i see you changed your tyres to 195/45/15. mine too and i find the gap between the body and the wheels still very wide(4 fingers spacing <_<)..do you tink its possible to narrow the gap by changing to 195/50/15? or 175/50/15? according to Justin(Poh Heng), he says changing it to 195/50/15 will cause the car not to b able to make a full turn..i m really not comfortable with the big gap between the body and the wheel and i just wana narrow it at all costs(apart from lowering the car), even if i have to cut its width to 185 or 175?.. can help? or any1 for that matter.. many many thanks! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2005 Kia Picanto
200 Posts
yo wannakia. marvellous ride i should say. props to u. btw, i can't wait to see u lower that ride and add some interior mods to it. Tell me sumthing... the headlights and rearlights... they look a little dark? what did u do to it? take a look at my ride in my garage and see the body paint. do u think i can do the same thing to my headlights and rearlights with a colour that fits my car?

·
Registered
2004 Kia Picanto
243 Posts
A really nice looking Pica and not overdone... looks really cool! You must put it in the garage so we can leave comments and see the pics up close! :57:

Super funky ride!

Mike

·
Registered
2004 Kia Picanto
2 Posts
Hi Wannakia :57:
I like your Picanto. But a bit from me : Please don´t insert the Chip ! It will blow your engine real soon (If you find a "REAL" Chip Tuning)! Most of the Tuning Chips are fake.
Well I hope, KIA will build a more Power Picanto one day. :amen:

[attachmentid=1079][attachmentid=1080]

For good SUB Sound - use JBL Bass Pro 2 !!!

Attachments

·
Registered
2014 Kia Rio 3 1.4Diesel
32 Posts
[attachmentid=1119][/CODE]Hi here is my "Pica" with the Kia body kit, what do you all think?
Also if "chipping" is out what other options are there to improve performance?
Code:

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
if you want to tune you're engine... a chip is NOT the way to go.

you have x3 choices... one is expensive... the other is more expensive... and the 3rd is criminally expensive.

choice selection 1.

Start by getting yourself a set of DOCE twin 40's ( carbs ) and a custom intake manifold to fit it to the engine.

after that is on and working, next step is to get yourself a high profile cam ( set of cams? )

this will give you the best performance for the least money.

Choice selection 2.

Get yourself a set of Throttlebodies, with associated engine management system. with intake manifold
Get the engine head ported and polished, with solid lifters and stiffer valve springs to handle higher revs ( say 9-11k rpm )
get some high profile cams
Set of High compression Forged Pistons and rods
Aftermarket oil cooler to handle the now increased revlimit

Choice Selection 3.

Purchase a Suitable turbo ( Garrat T25BB will be fine )
Get a custom exhaust manifold fabricated
mount turbo + custom downpipe
install intercooler + pipework. and modyfy intake manifold if required.
Purchase Enginemanagement system ( omex be fine )
Low Comp Forged pistons and rods
Ported polished and flowed head with solid lifters and stiffer springs
Oil cooler
motorsport custom Radiator
custom morotsport driveshafts
Quaiffe LSD

could go on all day.

but basically. a chip wont do anything. to get real results, you have to spend real money.

probbably be cheaper with better results by buying a more powerful car in the 1st place.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts