Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
-I don't have an Amanti as of right now. I probably won't have one til' late Fall - Early Winter. I currently have a 2002 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Edition. Love the truck at the same time annoyed at the ride. It has 65K miles on it and doesn't make sense to pay it off. I did stop by a local Kia dealership here in Jersey and sat in the Amanti for awhile. It was a 2004 leftover. After the rebates and down payments, I could've driven away financing $20K easily.

-Given the cost of gas, the fact that I really don't feel like making BMW payments, etc. I have done minimal research on affordable "luxury" cars and came across the Amanti.

-I checked out some of the mods. that are out there and I was amazed at what you can do with this car if you have taste. I would get a white one, tint the windows, put black 20's on, put one of those classy looking aftermarket grills, and maybe a nice sounding exhaust. That's all. You look like you are driving a $200k Maybach (However you spell it).

-I'll be frequenting the boards, but don't know how much valuable info. I can add.

-What problems have you guys experienced with your cars thus far?

·
Registered
134 Posts
HollaGeo...I think you can get a good sense regarding the Amanti by reading all the posts here. I have approx 12500 miles on mine and have had it for a yr and ahalf. The only problem so far was a front end noise, check out the "front strut" item listed in this forum. It seems to have been the most common concern but there is now an apparent fix ( finally)!!! :D Other than that I truely enjoy the car INCLUDING the ride contrary to what Consumers Report says :angry: :angry: And yes the mileage is now what one would like but for a 4000 + lb car it ain't so bad.........You could have picked one up for 20K ???? Yikes that is one hell of a price!!!! :grin: I won't tell you what I paid but that is part of the cost of early ownership :p Well all that I can say is go for it....regards, rayray

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'd sure like to know where I can get a "classy aftermarket grille" I've been searching and only found a vertical (Jaguar style) insert that would require the original grille be cut up to install. Got anything to share?
m[email protected]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts