Kia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya
Just a quick post to say hello. Just found this forum and have read some very interesting posts. I'm in the UK and drive a 2005 XS CRDi Auto in Ruby Red. Had it about 9 weeks now and so far so good. Only gripe is the usual MPG moan ! Not used to a diesel doing less than 40+ to the gallon. Other than that.....loving it!

·
Registered
14 Posts
:D Hey nice Sorento-I've had mine for about 6 months and I love it-its great yeah the gas mileage stinks but so does alot of other vehicles-I'm here in the USA and the prices are getting out of control for gas-but the SOrento -listen I get ALOT of people looking at mine-its a sharp looking SUV-Good luck with yours-by the way did you see the new Kia SPortage? looking alot like the SOrento.....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yeah, your Sorento looks nice. I eally like the exhaust pipe tips and the tail lights. I have the 2005 EX and really like it. I had the typical clock and passenger airbag light malfunction but the dealer has fixed both. My only issue is with the competency of the dealer. They are careless ans scratched my clearcoat (as you would say, on the bonnet) and left my front floor mats filthy and oily. I will cringe anytime I have to take it in for service.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi All
Thanks for the welcome every one. Yeah I had the clock problem as well. Thought I was going out my mind everytime I looked at it ! Got a new one in no problem. The dealer said there were thousands of dodgy ones fitted and KIA were happy to just sit and wait for them all to come back in via customers. The steps on mine are Cobra's, the black chrome version. The tail pipe is a rear section with no box/muffler made by Remus Racing if anyone is interested. Was keen to read yeasterday on a UK Sorento forum that a guy took his in for the ECU reprogramming. Reckons it's alot better on "take off" now, no long pause waiting for the power. I think I'll phone KIA UK next week and ask what it is all about. Haven't had a notice or anything like that from them nor the dealer.

It's bad news when you entrust your car to a dealer for work and they go scratch it etc. Happened to me a few years ago with a 406. It came back with a dent, a scratch and the oil foot prints on the grey mats. Went into have em about it and they denied all knowledge of the damage. They got a guy to come and clean the mats though :rolleyes: !!!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
D4DEK:

Don't phone your local dealer. Changing the ECU will void the warranty. You are better off using one of those snap on kits that are available. No trace and can be removed before a service.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, but this reprogramme the guy had done was by the Kia Dealer on a recall notice, not remapped by say Superchips et al. It originated from KIA themselves. Tried to get more info but none as yet. That's why I was going to phone the dealer on the off chance he may know something more ???

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi
No not standard unfortunately ! It's a rear section with no box, stainless, made by Remus Racing and available from proven products dot com. Also made by Sebring, similar product. Takes 5 mins to fit, 2 nuts and no seals or ought like that. Soundz better as well now cos it's starting to coke up a bit. Wanted twin rear boxes but the cost inolved was crazy.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah I know....makes driving is a real pain in the neck....and you have to have very long arms as well ? !

1 - 12 of 12 Posts