Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am new here. I just got a 99 sportage but do not know how to operate the 2H,4H and 4L transmission.
Can I get any info on this. Thanks !

:57: :57: :57:

·
Registered
23 Posts
If your Sportage is similar to mine (1997 manual), look for a short gear stick (about 80 mm long) located just to the rear of the main gear stick. Examine the top of the handle on this stick. There should be a diagram of the gear change positions. With the stick pushed forward you will be in 2 WD High. Pull it back for 4 WD High. From the 4 WD High position, move the stick to the right and forward and it's now in 4 WD Low range. From 4 WD L, pull the stick halfway back and its now in neutral. When the drive is shifted to 4 WD (H or L) a green indicating light should appear on the dash. To disengage the 4 WD, move the short stich back to 2 WD High position. Now engage reverse and drive BACKWARDS for about 2 meters. The hubs on my Sportage are disengaged automaticly using this technique. If you have manual hubs fitted, you will have to rotate the selector located in each of the front hubs to engage and disengage the drive to the front wheels.
Wedge

1 - 3 of 3 Posts