Kia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sportage SX w/ Premium Package & Nav
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I've read a bunch of helpful threads here so I thought I would register. I am a new Kia owner and 2 months ago bought a 2012 Kia Sportage EX (Red) w/ Premium Package. Really enjoying it.

I sold my 2008 Audi A4 and bought this vehicle as a more "family friendly" car - I'm a new Dad. Only regret? Not getting the SX turbo charged version. Oh well, maybe next time... My wife would of killed me if I had spent an extra $3,000 for the faster model etc. ;-)

Anyway, I'm 33 years old and married w/ 3 kids. I'm originally from Detroit, MI and for the last 7 years I've lived in San Diego, CA with my wife and 1 year old spontaneous triplets (2 identical boys and a fraternal girl).

I bought the Sportage after researching stylish, modern, affordable, and fuel-efficient CUVs that would fit all 5 of us and 3 baby car seats (tight fit but, it works...). In my opinion the Sportage was the best of the lot and I think I made the right decision for me/the fam.

Anyway, I appreciate reading the threads here and hope I can contribute here and there.

Jason

·
Registered
12 Optima SX, 12 Sonata Hybrid, 08 IS-F, 88 Scorpio, 85 XR4Ti
10 Posts
First off, Happy belated Fathers Day :)

Congratulations on the new car, very nice color. Welcome to the Kia Forums.

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra, 2021 Sportage EX
4,507 Posts
Welocome the the site! Where in Detroit were you from?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hello and welcome to the forum from the high desert and congrats on the new sportage.
Thx! Last year we bought a house in Temecula (Murrieta to be specific) so we're much closer to the desert now ourselves. Still adjusting to the summer heat from the cool San diego temps I'm used to :)

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welocome the the site! Where in Detroit were you from?
Hey. Born in Pontiac, MI but since my dad worked in downtown Detroit we moved to Dearborn when I was a little kid. Grew up there and moved to SoCal about 7 years ago. Where are you located in Mich? All my family still lives all over the state so I get back to visit at least once a year.

Thanks for the warm welcome to the forums...

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
First off, Happy belated Fathers Day :)

Congratulations on the new car, very nice color. Welcome to the Kia Forums.
Ps... Yeah, their "signal red" is beautiful. I have always had black/silver cars and thought they looked the sharpest. But, when I saw the new sportage in that metallic red, I had to have it.

The only mod I've done thus far is tint the front windows to match the rest w/ factory privacy glass. I plan on a few other items but since I'm a bit older now and this is a family car, I'll keep it tasteful :)

Definitely getting a new horn and replacing the stock Kia emblems/badges.

Other than that, really like this vehicle.

Thx again!

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra, 2021 Sportage EX
4,507 Posts
Hey. Born in Pontiac, MI but since my dad worked in downtown Detroit we moved to Dearborn when I was a little kid. Grew up there and moved to SoCal about 7 years ago. Where are you located in Mich? All my family still lives all over the state so I get back to visit at least once a year.

Thanks for the warm welcome to the forums...
I'm a parts manager for a Kia dealership in Waterford, right next to Pontiac. I have friends that live in Dearborn.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cool! I had family that lived in Waterford for years. My parents lived in Ortonville (small town) forever after I graduated high school but just recently moved to Georgia due to my fathers job. Know your area well... Hope you guys are having a nice summer!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts