Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Subaru Impreza MY11
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all......where would be the best place to post questions and get info on the new Cerato? Do you call it a Cerato or Forte here? I'm from Australia. Thanks.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,236 Posts
Most people recognise Cerato as the alternate name for Forte. I quite like the name Cerato, as it means Horny in scientific speak. Remember the kid's favourite 3-horned dinosaur Triceratops? The name Forte had already been grabbed by Ford for one best-forgotten version of the AU Falcon.

We've had our 2011 Cerato hatch for 2 years without any trouble. A test drive of the new Cerato was pleasant enough. The handling was somewhat improved, and the engine seems more willing. The older Theta 2 engine is a reliable workhorse, but is a bit "industrial" above 5000 RPM, so we don't go there.

·
Registered
Subaru Impreza MY11
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We've had our 2011 Cerato hatch for 2 years without any trouble.
That's really good to hear. How many Km have you done? I hope the new Cerato will be even more reliable that your one. I've driven both and the new one is fab. I plan to buy one when the price drops down.

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,236 Posts
The Cerato belongs to my son, who absolutely loves it. Covered about 33,000 km so far.

I drove the car quite a lot when it was new and couldn't fault it in any way. Ideal for city and highway running; 10 litres/100 km city and up to 6.6 litres/100 km highway.

I've looked at the new Cerato (also the 1.8 engined model) and it compares well with the older model. Suspension and steering are up to a better standard; the advertised "suspension tuning for Australian conditions" seems to be genuine and road tests that I've read agree.

Like most good things, the price is the problem. The salesmen fumbled around for quite some time before they came up with the drive-away price for the auto Si model ($29,950). Hard to believe that they didn't really know how much it cost! The SLi has a few more features, but is fitted with rather ugly alloys and low-profile tyres, which are unsuitable in my opinion. The neater 16 inch alloys on the Si with Continental tyres look like a better option to me.

·
Registered
Subaru Impreza MY11
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Like most good things, the price is the problem. The salesmen fumbled around for quite some time before they came up with the drive-away price for the auto Si model ($29,950). Hard to believe that they didn't really know how much it cost! The SLi has a few more features, but is fitted with rather ugly alloys and low-profile tyres, which are unsuitable in my opinion. The neater 16 inch alloys on the Si with Continental tyres look like a better option to me.
I got a shock when I was told that the new Si Cerato is $29,950 and an extra $600 if you want paint.I will definetly have to wait till the price drops like it has for the Kia Rio range.

I was totally impressed with the Cerato S auto that I took for a test drive. It would have to be the best car I have ever driven....except the steering was a bit heavy on a straight road on the open road at 100kph. But maybe I'd get to love the stiff feel to the steering.
I couldn't fault the car in any way except for the boot mat in the boot fitted very poorly.

The 1800 S that I test drove had some sort of cheap tyres on it. I've never seen the name before but if you say the Si had Continentals on it then maybe all Si's have Continentals.

I agree that the wheels on the SLi look crap. I much prefer the 16's on the Si.

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,236 Posts
1800 S probably had Nexen tyres, the same as fitted as standard to the older model. These aren't a premium tyre, but they are satisfactory for ordinary motoring.

I think the steering "feel" is adjustable on the new Cerato.

On my 2011 model, the fronts only lasted 25,000 km as I didn't rotate, aiming to get some decent tyres (Yokohama) on the front ASAP. The three remaining Nexen will probably last to about 60,000 by shuffling them around on the rear, and then it will be time for a full set of 4 Yokohama or Michelin. I've found Yokohama to be a good tyre; the ones fitted so far have a similar tread and overall weight to the Nexen. Michelin are a heavier and more expensive tyre.

·
Registered
Subaru Impreza MY11
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
and then it will be time for a full set of 4 Yokohama or Michelin.
Our 2010 Subaru Impreza has Yokohama Aspec tyres on it from new and so far they have done 48,000km and I expect to get another 15,000 out of them and then I'll replace them with Michelin Primacy which are made for quietness and comfort.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts