Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for members for their honest view about kia sedona. I bought myautomatic kia sedona, 2.5 v6 executive, petrol engine in December 2000. Up till four weeks ago, I have had no trouble with it. However, it developed what I thought was a minor electrical fault- the "N" lights comes on after about 5 miles from start of journey and will not change to higher gear at stop lights. Took it to the dealer. Up till now they can not find the fault(s) the car has been with the dealer for the past four weeks. The Dealer's service department replaced two sensors which does NOT fix the problem but still want me to pay £600.00 for it. They are now suspecting the Gear CPU. Please help as the warranty has expired and I will have to pay for the repair!

·
Registered
8 Posts
DKO, sorry I can not help you with the tech side, but I am in the same position reagrding after care with my Sportage. I have had the car 8 months now (from new)and it's been back to two dealers now,(MANY TIMES!) and still the problem's are not fixed, being a faulty cat converter and a rattling gearbox. This car would certainly fail the UK MOT. But needless to say Kia are not the slightest bit interested and keep trying to fob me off with excuses and the dealers, well they do replace little sensors and tighten things up,wow!!. I honestly believe that getting Kia to do warranty work is like getting Crystal Palace to stay up this season. If I had been back in my home town of Mitcham(SW London) I would have surely driven the car through the dealerships window by now!! Good luck..

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm really regretting my decision to purchase a Kia Picanto :angry:
I have been lied to from the start, being told that I'd got the car in 4 - 6 weeks, when in fact it was nearer 4 months!!! In that time I lost my job, because it was impossible to get there on time, without a car. I had put down £2100 deposit on this car, which Kia had obviously got interest on in the meantime too!
Originally my black car should've had orange seats, but they turned out to be grey <_<
I made constant phone calls to Kia, but they only contacted me on a couple of occasions. I tried to get in touch with Kia's customer services, but was told they don't have any!? The main phone number off their website was a brohure line, the lady there said I could talk to her, which I did. She was a really rude person who really didn't want to be listening to my problems. She told me I should never have put down £2100 deposit, but only £1!! Kia had asked me to put down as much as possible <_<
After finally getting my car, I was not offered any after sales services at all & to add insult to injury for all the trouble I'd suffered, I was given some mats in car :eek:
A short while ago, I was sorting through all my kia papers & other things too, & found my finance agreement, I had a quick scan through it, it didn't seem right. I got my calculator & checked. I had been financed on the total amount of the car even though I'd already paid £2100 off of the cost!
I wish I could turn back time & buy another car, I'm considering contacting some kind of consumer help, because I'm sure there are more problems that will be occurring pretty soon :(

·
Registered
7 Posts
I share your same sentiments my friend, I am from Malaysia and have actually booked my Kia Picanto from Naza Kia the official distributer in Malaysia.

I have actualy booked my Picanto on the 23 May 2004 with a deposit of RM500 (its RM 5 to 1 Euro) and they promosed me the car within 3 month. Of which I was willing to wait and just in time for my wedding.

In between that Naza Kia told us that if you paid the full amount you will get the car ASAP so I placed another RM7500 on the month of July 2004 to top my loan amount in hopes to secure the car in time.

But the time has passed since till date with promises after promises the car is still no where to be found and it already near 9 month now that I going around with my trusty bike, luckly my wife doesnt mind.

The last time I called them, we was quite rude with conversation with the manager ending that "you can what ever i like we are big company now".

Naza kia even said that they will not refund the deposit when I asked about. It is really arrogant and inconsiderate of them considering that have already earning by interest paid on the money I paid to them yet they dont want to return my money for thier delay.

I am seriously taken aback by this, even my friends were indisbelief as they have this kind of delay with other car dealer/seller of other car manufacturer but either get refunded or repaid on the delay by other means if not by cash.

But Naza Kia seems treat people like me and many more other who lined up to by this car called Picanto like gentleman begger begging for their car at thier mercy.

I dont maybe someone can advise on what is the next cause of action beside waiting.

Sincerely,

Disappointed and Disgusted Kia Wanabee

·
Registered
27 Posts
Don't you have some consumer protection agencies there to complain about it?
I experienced something like that in my country with a dealer of Renault. They are producing here a car called Logan wich is affordable, something around 8000 euros. So people line up and place orders. They told me I have to pay 2500 in advance and then to wait 3 months for the car. It smelled fishy all right and I refused. Instead, I bought a second-hand Kia. I payed the money and drove the car home.
It proved to be right cause I know people who waited for their car way more than 3 months.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I may do so Vali...

There is a consumer tribunal down here in Malaysia. Maybe I will give it a shot, just hope that I ma not going waste more time and money by doing so....

These guys are big they can hire all the best lawyers and I may just be bashed just for standing for my rights.

Geez these what I am dont more time and money waste and then bashed some more.

Anyone got experience on these?

·
Registered
8 Posts
:D hi!
i'vegot a sorento 2003 that the main poulie bolt broke in states when i was comming back in canada ,i took my sorento to the dealer and instead of just changing the broken bolt they decide to install a bran new engine that i saw in the box.so what can they do any better ? :D

·
Registered
2004 Cerato LX
75 Posts
My nearest dealer is 30 miles away, and can't even be bothered to answer e-mails, even though I bought the car from them. If you ring them they only give the minimum amount of information they can....waste of space :angry:

I've had more help and info from the people in this forum :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts