Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Hyundai Sonata, 2013 Rio EX
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to introduce myself. I've been lurking on here for a few weeks but decided to join since I will be picking up my first new car tomorrow afternoon. It’s a black 2013 Rio EX hatch. This will be my first new car ever in my life so pretty excited. I’ve been driving and modding used Hondas for 15years but am so far impressed with the little Rio. My favorite Civic was always my old hatchback and glad I'm getting a hatch again. Looks great and the interior it pretty comfortable.

So yea, I'll be on here allot, got tons of info on the Honda forums and hope to learn allot here for the Rio as well.

Already have plans to remove all the rear emblems, tints and probably some nice lightweight 16" rims. I'm going to have some questions about upgrading headlights to projectors, LED tails, LED turn signals and maybe if anyone has gotten a K&N drop in filter. The speakers I know I’m going to want to upgrade asap, but looks like upgrading the radio itself will have to wait for some kind of aftermarket dash or something? I haven't had a working radio in my car for almost a year, so high on the list is wanting to add a sub if possible. LOVE my fist pumpin trance music. :banana:

Let me not go crazy with questions but I'll be here for a long time. Thanks in advance for all the advice I will be sure to receive!

Kevin W.

·
Registered
2013 Rio SX Hatchback
417 Posts
Just wondering, if you're upgrading to 16's and want to put in led markers and projector headlights, why didn't you just get the SX in the first place. For the price difference you get all of that plus lots more. It's a pretty good value actually.

·
Registered
2012 Hyundai Sonata, 2013 Rio EX
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just wondering, if you're upgrading to 16's and want to put in led markers and projector headlights, why didn't you just get the SX in the first place. For the price difference you get all of that plus lots more. It's a pretty good value actually.
Well the 17s were too big and I didn't like the way the felt or look. I usually put 16 on all my small cars. Will most likely stick with FN01r-c. I will want to do my own suspension up grades using after market springs and adjustable shocks. So getting SX with the sporty suspension seems like a waste since I will just drop it anyway. all the little extras were stuff I didn't need, not to mention it wasn't really in my price range.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts