Kia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say HI to everyone on this forum,

Traded in my 2011 Kia Cerato for a new Kia Rio SLI, Black, 6 speed manual.
The only mods I have done so far was to have the windows tinted.

Compared to the Cerato, the Rio is so much a better car. More solid, quieter and built alot better.

Just love those 17inch wheels. I purchased it in late Feb 2013 and I have already travelled nearly 7000km's. Only have used 95 Premium since the first tank and has been running smooth since new.
My only issues is the bluetooth and the foglights. The bluetooth mutes every 15 minutes but the call remains connected. I can either hang upand re-dial or I can simply go the phone's main screen and swith from KIA to iPhone and back to KIA and it is fine for another 15 minutes. Been back to the dealer and thye cannot fault it, strange as it as regualr as clock work for me. Next visit will be with myself and the dealer in the car together to show him.
The foglights: Why are they pointing so low??????? Turned on I couldn't see them unless I leaned over the dashboard and looked. Spent 5 minutes in my garage with the foglights in front of the wall and now are re-adjusted the way I want.
Tyres slightly noisy, but they are Continentals and they are known to be noisy. I know that they will become noisier as they wear.
Rear vision sucks though.

Wanting to change the speakers soon and add an amp. Also thinking about adding the exhaust tip from the 3 door sports version, and reversing camera.

·
Registered
Kia 2015 Sportage Platinum diesel and 2013 Rio 3 door SLS
593 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the purchase. I am sure you will enjoy it as we all seem to be enjoying our respective Rios - well, when my life lets me drive her's anyway.

Great little car - I wouldn't be too concerned about the fog lights. As OzSLS says, all fog lights are supposed to be aimed low. They are not there for you to see under normal conditions. Raising the beam only frustrates and annoys on-coming drivers - which is why it is illegal to drive with them on in anything other than the conditions they were designed for. Don't do it!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi teowee. PM sent.

I know that the foglights are only designed for bad conditions.
I also never drive with them on unless I need them as I know it is illegal to do so.
What made me lift them was that trading from a Cerato, the foglights on the Cerato were a lot higher from factory, and I couldn't be bothered going back to the dealer to have them checked.
I live at the back of the Mornington Peninsula and do alot of driving in the dark. The roads that I drive on do not have street lights and there is a high potential to hit kangaroos and so on. Clipped a kangaroo in the Cerato and the Cerato actually came out of it in reasonable shape.
Lifting the aim of foglights was a personal choice to give me that extra light on the road. I didn't go overboard and lift them up too much and for the few cars that I have come across on the road with them on, none of them have complained.
You will be surprised that they actually do put out a reasonable light. They now compliment the headlights and the road in front of me is well lit up. They are fitted so I might as well use them to suit my needs.
I have remembered how many turns that I have made to the adjustment screw so if they do prove to be an issue I can always bring them back to the way they were, but for now a well lit road is what I want.
I will also be changing the high beam globes soon to the plus 100 globes that will improve visibility even more.
I only have them on in the back country roads and always off around town anyway so they should not be a issue to other drivers.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi teowee. PM sent.

I know that the foglights are only designed for bad conditions.
I also never drive with them on unless I need them as I know it is illegal to do so.
What made me lift them was that trading from a Cerato, the foglights on the Cerato were a lot higher from factory, and I couldn't be bothered going back to the dealer to have them checked.
I live at the back of the Mornington Peninsula and do alot of driving in the dark. The roads that I drive on do not have street lights and there is a high potential to hit kangaroos and so on. Clipped a kangaroo in the Cerato and the Cerato actually came out of it in reasonable shape.
Lifting the aim of foglights was a personal choice to give me that extra light on the road. I didn't go overboard and lift them up too much and for the few cars that I have come across on the road with them on, none of them have complained.
You will be surprised that they actually do put out a reasonable light. They now compliment the headlights and the road in front of me is well lit up. They are fitted so I might as well use them to suit my needs.
I have remembered how many turns that I have made to the adjustment screw so if they do prove to be an issue I can always bring them back to the way they were, but for now a well lit road is what I want.
I will also be changing the high beam globes soon to the plus 100 globes that will improve visibility even more.
I only have them on in the back country roads and always off around town anyway so they should not be a issue to other drivers.
Hello mate,

my observations are exactly the same - factory fog lights of my Kia Pro'ceed are very different from the ones in my Rio 2013 - which are aiming too low and you can hardly see them.
How many turns did you make and on which direction ?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
There is an adjustment screw just above the fog lights. Anti-clockwise to lift up the beam.
My drivers side fog light was slightly lower than the passenger side.
3.5 turns drivers side and 3 turns passenger side.
My headlights (both low and high beam) are fine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Aliti,

Did you find out what was happening with the bluetooth muting every 15 minutes? I have the same thing in my new rio? When it goes in for it's first service i will be asking them.

Cheers

1 - 11 of 11 Posts