Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, you all I am new--- I am in the USA - Virgina with a 2003 Sedona with v6 and automatic transmission.

Usually when the Sedona cold and I stop at a stop sign. I get this surging forward like the trans is connecting and then disconnection... When I drive a while it seems to disappear,

Doe anyone know anything about this problem.

·
Registered
57 Posts
:00000732:
I'M IN VA TOO. ANY CHANCE YOU ARE IN HAMPTON ROADS?
I WOULD LOVE TO COMPARE. MY VAN HAS A SURGING WHEN SHIFTS @ 45MPH SEEMS TO LUNGE AND THEN FOR A SPLIT SECOND GO NEUTRAL AND THEN LUNGES AGAIN. SOMETIMES IT IS SOFT AND SOMETIMES VERY HARSH. I CAN MAKE IT DO THIS!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Check the transmission fluid when hot, with the engine running. I had this problem start after the 30K transmission fluid change. The "machine" had added too much fluid. The dealer couldn't find it until I syphoned off 20 Oz.s and walked in with "my sample" of the problem. He then had the rest of the "extra" removed. The transmission fluid is special for the Kia Sedona, i don't know about the rest of the models, but I know the Sedona fluid is different. BTW It ended up beating my motor mounts to death, the dealer is changing those under warrenty.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts