Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I'm new to this site.....and I'm having a couple of problems right now. I was going down the road and I noticed that my check engine light was on, so I went back to the house and checked all the normals such as oil and water etc. Well my dad suggested something about a fuse or something and to take the battery cable off for a little bit, so after I did that it was still on and it reset the radio. Now it comes up wanted me to put some kind of code in and I can't figure that out, if anybody could help me out it would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The security feature of your radio is such when the power is turned off it resets itself and requires a security code to punched in to make it work again - its designed to deter theft as only the owner should know the code.

The security code is supplied with the manual when the car is new. If you dont have the manual you will need to go a Kia dealer and convince him that you havent stolen the car or the radio.

Beachboy

·
Registered
3 Posts
Is there any other way to get the code because I have a Kia radio that I just bought off ebay with the CD player for my 99 Sephia. I haven't installed it yet but I'm afraid I'll have the same problem when I do.

Also, does anyone know off a wiring skematic for the back of the radio? There are all these cut wires coming out of this white thing and they're all different colors. I I bought a harness that has the colored wires labeled but I don't know if it will coincide with the colors on the back of the radio. I want to splice the wires together but I need to be sure.

Can anyone help? :blush:

Thanks.

Kelvinkia
[email protected]

·
Registered
94 Posts
The colors should all match exactly. Just wire them to eachother, and plug it in - and you're done.

As for resetting the deck to work, you'll have to take it to the dealer. They'll be able to find the code for you for future reference. :p

Devin

1 - 4 of 4 Posts