Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Carens 2014
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Problem with heating vent blows cold air on passenger side and warm (not hot) air on driver side

Any thoughts much appreciated

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2014 Kia Rondo
9 Posts
You mentioned heating but I encountered the exact same problem with my 2014 Carens/Rondo (Canadian model) when the air conditioning coolant leaked out. For a little while at least. If you are actually trying to get heat instead of cooling could it be that you are low on radiator fluid? Sorry, that's a wild guess that will probably get the real mechanics here snickering...

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
10,613 Posts
You mentioned heating but I encountered the exact same problem with my 2014 Carens/Rondo (Canadian model) when the air conditioning coolant leaked out. For a little while at least. If you are actually trying to get heat instead of cooling could it be that you are low on radiator fluid? Sorry, that's a wild guess that will probably get the real mechanics here snickering...
No sniggering, but would like to hear an explanation of your theory, and also how A/C coolant gas leaking out comes into play.

·
Registered
2014 Kia Rondo
9 Posts
No sniggering, but would like to hear an explanation of your theory, and also how A/C coolant gas leaking out comes into play.
I didn't think it through before. I don't clearly remember the explanation the A/C mechanic gave me for the odd A/C operation but it involved the compressor and/or condensor, which aren't involved in heating. Sorry about that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts