Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Sportage XE 2005 CRDI 4x4
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have a Sportage XE 2005 CRDI 4x4. The heaters sound like they are working fine but hardly any hot or cold air is actually coming out the vents. It is a nightmare at this time a year as I am having to drive with a cloth in my hand to wipe the windscreen all the time. Has anyone any ideas of what the problem may be ?? Ta

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
2008 Kia Sportage 2.0; 2000 F150 Lariat 4X4; 2006 Chevy Trailblazer
57 Posts
I had a problem with my 2008. It was the linkage on the mode adjust servo, located under the dash, accessed rather easily from the drivers floorboard. Just look under there, there is a little black square box, attached to a big white cam. You will probably see a little piece of linkage hanging down. just pop it back in, and you will be in business.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks I will try that. I have also bought a new pollen filter to try that because I dont think it has ever been changed..........cant do any harm !!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was the pollen filter!! It was totally blocked !! New one cost £5 off ebay !! Took 5 mins to change myself. Job done !!

·
Registered
07 Kia Sportage 2WD, V6, EX
88 Posts
that is great!
amazing how many people dont even know it'sthere. Saw a picture of a clogged one on another forum. it had been in since new and the car was 7 yrs old!!! it was ugly!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts