Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so about two weeks ago when i was driving home i noticed a lot of smoke coming out of the back of the car and then the temp. gauge started to rise. when i pulled over to the side of the road i notice at antifreeze was all over the engine, then i noticed that the pipe and the hose that goes from the engine to the heater blew out. all it took to fix was simply sliding it back into the "housing" or what have you on the engine and adding more antifreeze.

now i drove only around town to see if this would happen again about about 5 days later it did after driving about 10 miles [and once more about three days later].

im not sure if there is a clamp that i need to keep the pipe/hose from blowing out again or if the thermostat is to blame [and if it is the thermostat i need to know where i can find it because i have no owners manual and i want totry and replace it myself].

NOTE: the first to occurances [i think may have] happened right after turning the heat down or off all together if that might help solve the problem.

thank you in advance for your help.

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,127 Posts
Originally posted by untilshewokeme@Feb 21 2005, 03:10 AM
so about two weeks ago when i was driving home i noticed a lot of smoke coming out of the back of the car and then the temp. gauge started to rise. when i pulled over to the side of the road i notice at antifreeze was all over the engine, then i noticed that the pipe and the hose that goes from the engine to the heater blew out. all it took to fix was simply sliding it back into the "housing" or what have you on the engine and adding more antifreeze.

now i drove only around town to see if this would happen again about about 5 days later it did after driving about 10 miles [and once more about three days later].

im not sure if there is a clamp that i need to keep the pipe/hose from blowing out again or if the thermostat is to blame [and if it is the thermostat i need to know where i can find it because i have no owners manual and i want totry and replace it myself].
NOTE: the first to occurances [i think may have] happened right after turning the heat down or off all together if that might help solve the problem.
thank you in advance for your help.
there should be a clamp on that hose.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by 1fastkia@Feb 21 2005, 07:06 AM
there should be a clamp on that hose.

the only thing i dont understand is how the clamp would work seeing as where the pipe meets the housing are two different shapes and sizes [the pipe and the housing that is].

1 - 3 of 3 Posts