Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where a heater fan (blower) is located? My problem is that only 4. (fourth) level of blowing works! (1., 2., and 3. dont work at all). I think that resistor assembly is responsible for this... Somebody said that this resistor assembly is located near the fan, so thats why I am asking where it is!

So the question is where do I need to look to find that fan and resistors?

Please help me! :) thank you!

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,121 Posts
under the dash where the passengers feet are..

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I found it! thanks!
I put the resistor assembly out, and cleaned it very good! Then I checked it with OHM meter and it worked. I put this thing back in with no luck... It still didnt work! Only fourth level worked :(

I checked the blower fuse, and it was ok as well as a blower relay.

The blower switch (speed selector) is turning normal and smooth, so I think that this should not be a problem! (maybe I am wrong)

I was wondering why the fourth level works... and I sort of figured out that it probably works because it is the maximum level and it probably doesnt go through the resistors, but directly on the battery (12V)! So the problem has to be related to the resistor assembly I think... Is there any fuse especialy for the first three levels (1,2 and 3)?

Any other opinions, suggestions? Its fokken driving me mad :s

thanx in advance!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh come on guys, tell me what else can I check! :)
There must be something... anything

·
Registered
10 Posts
on my '96 sephia the switch isnt smooth but "clicks" from one position to the next. have you pulled the switch and checked it continuity?

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,121 Posts
on the 1st generation sephias it clicked 1st gen as in 94-97 the 2nd gens didnt click.... supossed to be smooth..

Id check the arms in back that move the actual knob maybe its unhooked......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts