Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2000 sportage
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im going to be replacing a bad heater core for a friend on their '02 Rio. Whats a good source to use for a step by step guide. I know its not gonna be a fun experience.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm pretty sure kiatechinfo doesn't have anything about the heater core (i'm too lazy to search though), I too wonder how to replace it, my exploded parts diagram makes it "seem" like you should tackle it from the driver's side but that's all I know. I just have my fingers crossed mine lasts until the end of time.

·
Registered
2002 Kia Rio, 2011 Kia Sorento 2005 f 250 1996 geo metro 1992 f 150
1,023 Posts
Dog, I have the kia books for my 02 and it is there, i would think it is on the site also. yes your probably right it is a pain to find it there you have to know where to look it should be in the HVAC section you gotta drain the coolant remove the instrament panel that's the royal pain remove the hoses and then the unit i hope yours last's till the end of time and mine also. Good luck m wnzl you were right it's not gonna be fun just time consuming

·
Registered
2000 sportage
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
this is what keeps happening to me when I try to get into that kia site..

An Error Has Occurred
An unexpected error occured on our website. Please contact the website administrator.

Go Back to Login Page

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,930 Posts
OK..you need to follow these steps...
1 The computer needs to be running Windows (XP,Vista,7)
2 You MUST run Internet Explorer as your web browser (Ver 7,8,9)
You may need to go into "compatability mode" (use Google to search on
HOW)
3 You need to download and install Adobe SVG (scaled vector graphics)
You may need to lower the security level in IE to get SVG to download and install in IE.
This site will NOT worrk with Linux or Mac operating systems...
Nor will it work with Firefox, Safari, Chrome web browsers...
If you follow the above "formula" you should be able to register and log on to kiatechinfo.com...
Hope this helps..
Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts