Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Bought a 2013 Sorento EX V6 AWD yesterday for the wife. Noticed something peculiar: had the heated seats on, but when the car is turned off and back on..the heated seats are turned off rather than remembering their past position.

I was thinking about having remote start installed which would be great for her to have the car both warm by way of the heat as well as heated seats. But if the seats are reset on restart, this would be an issue.

Is this an option? Recall?

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD & 2010 Hyundai Sonata SE
532 Posts
Nope, it's the same for every other car with multi-level heated seats. Lucky for me, my 2011 has single level so it's a push on, push off style button.

·
Registered
06 Sedona LX, 06 Sedona EX, 14 Forte EX, 11 Sportage EX, 11 Forte 5-door SX, 15 K900 VIP+
1,143 Posts
Unfortunately, I think that's the way the newer Kias are doing it. In my Sedona, Optima, and Amanti, there are 5 speed dials that control the seat heaters, and that's the way I like it. If I got a newer Kia, I would probably try to retro-fit the dial type. Probably have different connectors though :(

·
Registered
White 2012 SX AWD
766 Posts
Depending on the remote start unit and installer, it can be done. Aftermarket units have auxiliary input/output that can pretty much do anything. Mine can turn on rear defrost. Didn't do seat heaters as they warm up pretty quickly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts