Kia Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to give my headlights that black bezel look myself? If so how do I go about doing it? I know that I can buy them already like that but I think it would be cheaper to just do it myself if its possible.

·
Registered
car
4,209 Posts
I know Project03 did the black bezel look himself. I believe he used a gloss black paint. PM him Im sure he can help ya out.
Good luck :)

·
Registered
2006 Kia Sorento LX
77 Posts
Originally posted by wolfej1984@May 18 2005, 03:31 PM
Is it possible to give my headlights that black bezel look myself? If so how do I go about doing it? I know that I can buy them already like that but I think it would be cheaper to just do it myself if its possible.
Sure, glad to help you out customizing your headlight units :grin:

·
Registered
2004 Kia Sorento
24 Posts
Just got a spare headlight off of eBay to practice with, I have it split apart, thanks to Spec SX's how to remove the reflectors. Now I just need to paint it. Do I have to sand first of just spray on the paint? Is there a brand that is better than the others or are they all comparable? Just looking for some tips to help out. Thanks

·
Registered
2013 Kia Sorento EX V6
198 Posts
I'm doing this mod this weekend on my own lights and moding in angel eyes at the same time. What I've gathered from all the people that blacked out the headlights was that they didn't sand at all. Some of them baked the piece painted in the oven for 3 or 4 mins after the spray paint was dry. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
2004 Kia Sorento
24 Posts
I just took pictures of the headlight in pieces. I dont know how to post them, they are all around 500 k. I put the pics in my garage, i think you can see them there. i didnt see it in the Spec SX how to but on the sorie you have to watch the tabs when pulling it apart once you get over the tabs it is not too hard, the glue is sticky as heck though.[attachmentid=545][attachmentid=543][attachmentid=544]

Attachments

·
Registered
car
4,209 Posts
Are the pics on your computer? If so do the following....
1. when typing a reply look down at the bottom of the page and click the "browse" button.
2. click on the picture you want
3. click the "add this attachment button" (its near the browse button)
4. after that click the button "add into post."
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2004 Kia Sorento
24 Posts
Cool thanks. Now i just need to paint it and do it to the ones on the car. Should be able to do it in a couple of weeks when i get home. I will take pics thoughout and post them if someone doesnt beat me too it. Than I can try to get the lowering springs on.

·
Registered
car
4,209 Posts
Nice lookin pics. As long as you clean all of the old gule/sealant off of the headlights and put a nice bead of clear caulking in its spot they shouldnt leak. Let the caulking dry before putting the head lights back in the vehicle.

·
Registered
2004 Kia Sorento
24 Posts
Woo Hoo!! Finally finished the headlights. So the '03 and '04 headlight plug is different. Found out as I tried to put my practice light in. Oh well. Took me bout four hours some extra screws, black spray paint, clear spray paint, black silicon, an oven and the loss of a little skin, but it is done.
[attachmentid=580][attachmentid=581][attachmentid=604]

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts