Kia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<_< Regarding my 2003 Sedona, to date my KIA service centre replaced four headlight bulbs since I purchased the mini-van in 2003. This is rather unusual. Anyone having similar problem with headlights?

·
Registered
29 Posts
i can,t say i had the same problem . but a friend did and he kept taking the car back to the dealer who eventully by-passed the fuse box as that was causing the problem . he ended up trading it in ..as for mine i put in after-market lucas bulbs (off road) . now im trying to split the lens from its holder (front lamps) they seem to have silicon round them (why put a metal clip on them ) to hold them together ..

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a Kia Sorento 2003 and I'm having the second burned out headlight replaced tomorrow. I am really pi**ed off as I've never had to replace a burned out bulb in my 10 yr old toyota or the other vehicles I've had. Also the engine light had a faulty connection but they replaced it for free

·
Registered
'04 Kia Sedona EX, '10 MBZ C300 Sport, 1.3KW Electric GoCart
109 Posts
Originally posted by Sedonadriver@Feb 20 2005, 07:21 AM
<_< Regarding my 2003 Sedona, to date my KIA service centre replaced four headlight bulbs since I purchased the mini-van in 2003. This is rather unusual. Anyone having similar problem with headlights?

Do attribute the problem to any moisture in the lens housing? Or, they just burn out? Per the second post, if the dealer by passed his fuse box, then the headlight circuit was faulty in a way that the current could not remain constant. Some like an open in a connection that caused brief on/off voltage cycles. Halogen lights do not like to be flashed on/off. This cause premature filament failure, unless the lights have been designed to do so, such as, emergency or law enforcement lights.

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,127 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
One other hint. The bulbs are on a parallel circuit. That means that more resistance, less current on the older bulb and less resistance and more current on the newer bulb. This means that the "new" bulb burns out quickly.
The trick is to replace both bulbs with new ones and save the "old good" bulb as a temporary spare. Removeing the three 10mm bolts and pulling the entire housing out is the only way to easilly change the bulbs.<G>
Remember do not touch the bulb glass when installing the new bulbs. One fingerprint on the glass will blow the bulb, as it causes a "hot spot" on the glass of the bulb.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,

I have removed the 3 bolts as suggested, but the housing seems to be hung up on the corner towards the fender....Any hints as to what may be causing this?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts