Kia Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2016 FIAT 500X Trekking Plus AWD; 2016 Kia Forte5 SX 1.6T A/T
6,807 Posts
PLP

According to my observation, it doesn't affect the internal lighting as it flickers or voltage drops nor my tachometer is stable. What the situation telling particularly on headlights only.
It's very weird then... I wonder what may it cause.

Does it depends on engine speeds? Cold or hot engine?

·
Registered
2015 Sedona EX - Premium Package
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
You covered most of it already. But not all of it.
1) Tell us since you have turned on the lights to know they flicker on wall. As I said, the flickers are not always appearing. Its appears sometimes like the situation I given above.

2) Was the HVAC as well totally OFF at all times. Or did you infact since it is "23-40 deg out" turn on/or it was on DEF or DEF/FLR? 23-40 deg, normal temp of FALL near to WINTER here. I tried to ON and OFF both mode and observed. Flickers still exist.

3) where you would get a A/C COMP cycleing and drawing RPM's/power on it's on/off cycles from the eng driven ALT. Hense a flicker? In this case, i'ts normal for a voltage drops for AC activity but it was not observed or rather almost noticeable in my vech.

A COLD battery is asking for a ALT to give it its FULL ATTENTION at start up or for a bit after that. Turn on lights and turn on DEF or DEF/floor mode and the battery is not the only guy at the party asking for a drink from the ALT bartender right then. :p
Noted 04SorentoLX:)

I can fully assess and will tell you more whenever this adnormalitise appears again. As of now...still waiting.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sorento EX AWD V6 Limited/Panoramic
422 Posts
I wonder if this is why some (myself included) noticed intermittent flickering when trying to use HIDs that were wired directly without using a relay/direct connection. After wiring direct to the battery with a relay, the flickering went away.

Maybe it was just more pronounced...

I noticed for my car.. it only happened with the engine running. It also happened after running for a long time and in the summer. I doubt it was the battery at that point.

·
Registered
2015 Sedona EX - Premium Package
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I wonder if this is why some (myself included) noticed intermittent flickering when trying to use HIDs that were wired directly without using a relay/direct connection. After wiring direct to the battery with a relay, the flickering went away.

Maybe it was just more pronounced...

I noticed for my car.. it only happened with the engine running. It also happened after running for a long time and in the summer. I doubt it was the battery at that point.
Mogul, Yes it happens when the engine is RUNNING only.

·
Registered
Sorento XM
8 Posts
I had the same issue on a German Vision Modell.
And I know approx. 10 people in german with this issue.

But I found a solution.
It is just a mchanical problem. The lamp is not fixed firm enough and bounces a little bit sometimes.
Therefore you can reproduce it on your garage wall.
I bow the little wire which locks the lamp and now the problem is gone.

Maybe this is also a solution for you.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sorento
140 Posts
I had the same issue on a German Vision Modell.
And I know approx. 10 people in german with this issue.

But I found a solution.
It is just a mchanical problem. The lamp is not fixed firm enough and bounces a little bit sometimes.
Therefore you can reproduce it on your garage wall.
I bow the little wire which locks the lamp and now the problem is gone.

Maybe this is also a solution for you.
Thanks MBj and I think you make a good point, there are two different issues being discussed here. An electrical current surge causing the lights to change brightness intensity, and a bouncing of the bulb itsself. I am also in the second group and will try your suggestion, thanks!

·
Registered
2011 Sorento LX 6MT
47 Posts
Hey guys !

I saw this twice recently with the engine running (stoped at red light and driving on a dark road).

Any update/official word from Kia on this issue ?

Thanks !

·
Registered
Race Blue MY12 Skoda Octavia RS TDI Manual
929 Posts
a Christmas Special?
I was confused, then saw you were an Aussie. I lol'd. ;)

I've experienced the same issue. Halogen aftermarket Narva (high qual.) bulbs.
Usually occurs down the highway. (90-110kph)

·
Registered
2011 Sorento LX 6MT
47 Posts
Hey guys !

I noticed the headlight flicker issue again recently in the reflection of the car ahead while waiting in line at a drive-through.

At the time, the engine was running with no accessory on (i.e. no fan, no a/c).

Also, I always run the headlight in the ON position (not auto).

I mentioned this to my dealer a couple of months ago and seems like I was the first one to mention this.

Anymore input from anyone ?

Thanks !

·
Registered
Race Blue MY12 Skoda Octavia RS TDI Manual
929 Posts
Happened to me, highway driving, radio on, climate control on.
Don't have the auto lights.
The right hand bulb completely went off and on. It was a flicker, but it was more than noticeable.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Headlights flickering 2008 Kia Sorento. New battery, alternator is good, new starter. They flicker at regular intervals. How can Incorrect this problem?

·
Registered
Sorento 2017 EX v6
148 Posts
Had the same issues, especially noticeable when I switched to LED's, this happened in the first few months, but now I have never seen it anymore.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts