Kia Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sorento LX 3.3L GDI V6 - FWD (Sparkling Silver)
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Any resolution to this? I notice you're happily doing maintenance on the vehicle so hopefully your issue got resolved.
I love the car to be truthful, as for the headlights, I have not had a resolution yet, ironically when I took it to the dealer twice no condensation was to be found, I drove it into a car wash twice, nothing, as if it knew I needed to show the dealer :confused:, I still haven't seen anymore condensation til now, which is crazy, I hope it self healed :oops:

Dealer told me they were replacing the rotors, they called me and said the car was ready and to go pick it up, when I went there the service advisor told me he had resurfaced them instead. I think its plain BS to be honest, but oh well, I'm tired of arguing.

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
10,846 Posts
This happened with the tail lights on my 2017 Ford Edge Sport.

It first appeared when the car was approaching 3 yo, and very odd uncharacteristic climate/weather changes, and haven't seen it for a good few weeks.

At first I thought it was the high pressure washer at the car wash place, but like Kia, it describes it in the owners manual.

·
Registered
2019 Sorento EX V6
859 Posts
Thinking about this, moisture has to enter the assembly when installing the bulbs. That's why they include the dry bag in the caps.
So here is what I would try:
On a low humidity day, remove all the caps and bulbs. Use a hair dryer on low heat to dry out the interior, blowing it through the bulb openings. Do it in sequence, replacing the bulbs and caps one at a time as you blow it out.
If you can get all the moisture out, there will be no further condensation.
Until the next time a bulb blows out and you have to open it up.

·
Registered
2016 Sorento EX V6
602 Posts
I wonder what would happen if you opened up the port on the back on a day with low humidity and aired it out. Maybe put one of those silica moisture absorbing packets in there too?

Edit.... Scosgt didn't see your post... even better idea...

21 - 24 of 24 Posts