Kia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Kia Optima
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Fellow Optima Owners. I'm not sure if any of you had this question, but I did. So I did some research online and found a guide for headlight replacement for the Optima from 2001-2005. Here's what I've found, hope it helps! :thumbsup:

2001 - 2005 KIA Optima (From the Sylvania Website)

Low beam headlamp
H7
H7ST Silverstar High Performance Lighting: the whitest and brightest Halogen
H7CB Cool Blue Halogen Upgrade: White Hot; Super Cool; 100% Street Legal
H7LL Long Life Halogen: Lasts two and a half times longer

High beam headlamp
H7

Parking light
2357LL Long Life Upgrade: Up to twice the life of the standard lamp

Front turn signal

Rear turn signal
1156A
1156AST Silverstar Signal Lighting: Complete the Look: Crisp, Clean, Style
1156ALL Long Life Upgrade: Up to twice the life of the standard lamp

Tail light

Stop light

Fog/Driving light
H1-55W
H1ST Silverstar High Performance Lighting: the whitest and brightest Halogen

License plate

Back up light
921LL Long Life Upgrade: Up to twice the life of the standard lamp

Front sidemarker

Rear sidemarker

Map light

Dome light
DE3175

Step/Courtesy light

Trunk/Cargo area
DE3022

·
Registered
2004 Kia Optima
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey 04Sorento, is there a way to make this topic a "sticky"? so that if someone has questions about it they can see it once they come into this forum? Let me know, thanks! :57:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Thot there are 3 settings for healight. Low-Intensity Beam, High-Intensity Beam and High Beam. The latter requires the level to be pull back. The first twos only turning the beam selector.

May I ask what's the bulb for the Low-Intensity Beam?

·
Registered
2004 Kia Optima
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by hattee@Oct 30 2005, 08:44 AM
Thot there are 3 settings for healight. Low-Intensity Beam, High-Intensity Beam and High Beam. The latter requires the level to be pull back. The first twos only turning the beam selector.

May I ask what's the bulb for the Low-Intensity Beam?
THREE SETTINGS??? For the headlights on the KIA OPTIMA?.. no.. not possible.. there are only two for headlights - LOW BEAM and HIGH BEAM...

The only other thing is DAY-TIME RUNNING LIGHTS... those are on cars from Toyota, Lexus, Chevy, some Dodge cars. But those use the LOW Beam. Other than that, I've NEVER heard of a car that had THREE headlight settings. NEWayz, hope that helps...

OH BTW, the bulb for the LOW beam is "H7" Just like the high beam.

Low beam headlamp
H7
H7ST Silverstar High Performance Lighting: the whitest and brightest Halogen <-- (This is what I personally use - $40 @ Advance Auto Parts.)

High beam headlamp
H7

·
Registered
2004 Kia Optima
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by hattee@Oct 31 2005, 09:51 AM
you mean you cannot get 2 settings by turning the level and 1 more when pulling it back?
Ok, I need to make sure that I understand what you're asking.. so I'm going to explain it like this. Here in the US.. the Optimas that we drive have two main settings for the headlights. ON and Pull back for HIGH BEAM. Now some models such as the EX, comes with the option for fog lights, which ARE a separate switch in which you turn.. is that what you mean? If so then ok..

·
Registered
51 Posts
In my Magentis, I have 2 Light Selectors at the right lever. Turning One Selector for Headlight - Off, Low-Intensity, High Intensity. Turning the other for Fog Light - Off, On. And pulling back the lever for High Beam.

Wondering anyone knows what's the smaller bulb for the Low-Intensity Beam.

·
Registered
2004 Kia Optima
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by hattee@Nov 2 2005, 09:52 AM
In my Magentis, I have 2 Light Selectors at the right lever. Turning One Selector for Headlight - Off, Low-Intensity, High Intensity. Turning the other for Fog Light - Off, On. And pulling back the lever for High Beam.

Wondering anyone knows what's the smaller bulb for the Low-Intensity Beam.
Ok, just to make sure we're on the same page.. if possible please take pictures of what you're talking about.. thanks! :57:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Can't TELL you how helpful your research is. I've been to AutoZone, O'Reilley Auto Parts, NAPA, CarQuest, and Advance Auto in the past few days, and none have been able to tell me what bulbs will fit my 2001 Optima. Thank you!

Do have a question, however. Does anyone know what bulbs are appropriate for the lights in the vanity mirrors on the visors? They look exactly like Buss fuses, but I can only assume they are actually festoon lights (i.e. glass cylinder with metal base on both ends and sits in U-shaped tension mounts). The folks at three of the above stores were not very helpful--they couldn't even make an educated guess.

Should mention, however, that O'Reilley went the extra step and had THREE different sales reps come outside and crawl under the car trying to remove a fog lamp to find a replacement. Never did get it out, but the effort was commendable. ;-)

·
Registered
2004 Kia Optima
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Fog/Driving light
H1-55W
H1ST Silverstar High Performance Lighting: the whitest and brightest Halogen

·
Registered
43 Posts
I tried posting in the other forum pertaining to the H7 ST's by Sylvania but it's locked/closed. I picked up a pair of the Silverstar's on eBay for $20 shipped. If you watch the auction's closely enough, you could walk away with the same light's for 5-10$ cheaper I'm sure. (Snipe Bidding)

·
Registered
2004 Kia Optima
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Kool.. thanks for the info.. but I already have them installed.. and having them for the past year, to me it's just an expensive 'alternative' to REAL HID! Just want to warn you,.. Silverstars DO NOT last long! I've already had to replace two bulbs. I believe that the lifespan of the bulbs are around 1100lumines hours, which is VERY short. My passanger side is already starting to fade.. and it's the SECOND PAIR... grr! NEWayz, enough paying $20 a pop to replace burnt bulbs,... next on the list: Upgrade to either 6000K or 8000K HID! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
10 Posts
I went to change my High Beams and they say 9011 not H7? My low beams are H7's I have changed those but why do my high beams say 9011 and have a harness instead of just a plug for the H7's metal prongs?
Rodney

·
Registered
2004 Kia Optima
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Originally posted by 04lxoptima@May 24 2006, 05:52 AM
I went to change my High Beams and they say 9011 not H7? My low beams are H7's I have changed those but why do my high beams say 9011 and have a harness instead of just a plug for the H7's metal prongs?
Rodney
hmm.. iono.. I might have to do some research on this one.. interesting! :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts