Kia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
Kia Rio
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 2012 Rio sedan. I'm very happy except for 1 thing....not only can I not turn the headlights on to automatically come on, but there's no warning/ reminder sound to let me know I left my lights on! Is there anything I can do about this?

· Registered
2014 Abyss Blue Kia Forte EX Sedan
180 Posts
This bothered me as well until I found out that we have auto headlights of a sort. I now never turn my headlights off since they automatically turn off anyway. They just don't turn on automatically at dusk.

· Registered
7 Posts
Just bought a 2012 Rio sedan. I'm very happy except for 1 thing....not only can I not turn the headlights on to automatically come on, but there's no warning/ reminder sound to let me know I left my lights on! Is there anything I can do about this?
They turn off automatically when you lock the car with the fob or after a short amount of time so a chime is not necessary.

· Registered
2013 Kia Rio EX Sedan
19 Posts
This is my first Kia but I had the Auto-On headlight feature on my previous Mazda 3 which works differently.

Today it was overcast and raining but not dark enough for the Auto-On feature to kick in so I set my headlights to On. When I parked the car, I forgot I had done that and there was no reminder chime for the headlights being left on. I came back later and realized I hadn't turned the headlights off but they had gone off automatically (and came back On automatically once I started the car since the switch was still On).

It's a nice feature for those that want to have lights at all four corners of the car at all times since they will be managed On and Off with the car - smart. It's also a nice feature for those of us who forget to turn the lights off (and could actually ignore a reminder chime if it were there).

· Registered
2012 RIO SLS Signal Red
43 Posts
:confused:To make the lights come on automatically, just turn the dial on the headlight stalk to AUTO. They go off automatically 30seconds after you have locked the car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.