Kia Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Sorento EX 4T GDI
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just replaced the stock headlamp bulbs on my 2012 Sorento LX. I used the Sylvania Silverstar ST H11 for the low beam and Phillips Crystal Vision Ultra H1 for the high beam. This increased the driveability nicely. Not as much as the HID but for me that was not an option. My problem is while reinstalling the rear dust covers evidently I did not install the right high beam cover correctly and it did the exit stage left! This item cost 43.00 from the dealer. I did find one on the internet for 32.50 but with shipping was more than 43.00. Does anyone know of an alternative or sub for this item. What is the consequence for not having this dust cover? I must be more careful in the future!!

·
Registered
Sorento SX 2013
237 Posts
Duct Tape :D

no seriously Duct Tape works great, and prevents moisture from going in, and you can easily mould it to fit nicely

optionally find a machine cap from a salad / food container, something that closely matches the size, then you can cut it down to shape, and use duct tape to secure it

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra -- 2006 Grand Cheorkee limted Hemi.
4,422 Posts
$28.00 is list price on a new Kia cover, I'll sell you one for $21.00, no tax $7.00 shipping.

·
Registered
2017 Sorento EX 4T GDI
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks BB6886. I had that in my mind if nothing else showed up. Cobra259 is relieving some of the pain with his help also. Thanks again to both of you

·
Super Moderator
4,422 Posts
We are talking about diff Kia's. They are not all the same covers.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sorento EX AWD V6 Limited/Panoramic
422 Posts
Ok.. so I just ordered some covers for my 2011 Kia Sorento. They were like $5-6.

So I started looking around...

2011 covers are all like $5-10.
2012 covers are around $30

The look identical in the pictures. Are they? Why are 2012 so expensive?

·
Registered
2017 Sorento EX 4T GDI
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Received and installed cover from Cobra259. Good price considering my dealer 43.00 price. As for the reason on the price, no explanation! This is one reason I almost did not go with KIA. The recent intro to the USA makes parts extremely costly and not good availability in the car parts store NAPA etc. Thanks Cobra259 for a better alternative.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Does anyone know what the part number is for a 2011 Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD dust cover (low Beam) is?

I looked on a web-site and saw the following in a diagram:

921402M000

I ordered it though, and it doesn't look like the original cover. I can't tell if it would fit because I have HIDs and I would have to take out the wiring to tell.

·
Super Moderator
4,422 Posts
Received and installed cover from Cobra259. Good price considering my dealer 43.00 price. As for the reason on the price, no explanation! This is one reason I almost did not go with KIA. The recent intro to the USA makes parts extremely costly and not good availability in the car parts store NAPA etc. Thanks Cobra259 for a better alternative.

Thank you for the kind words! Anything I can do for you just let me know!

·
Super Moderator
4,422 Posts
Does anyone know what the part number is for a 2011 Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD dust cover (low Beam) is?

921402M000

I ordered it though, and it doesn't look like the original cover. I can't tell if it would fit because I have HIDs and I would have to take out the wiring to tell.
92140 2M000 is listed for the low beam from a production date of 10/26/2009 through 12/14/2009. It is $8.80 list price.
92140 1U100 is listed from 01/08/2010 and up. It has a list price of $28.20. don't ask me if the cheap one will work, I don't know. Buy the cheap one and find out? Life is a gamble right. LOL

·
Registered
422 Posts
Yeah.. that must be why they are cheaper. The 2M000 must be for the -2009. The place I ordered from must have gotten it wrong in their catalog.

·
Registered
2013 Sorento LX V6 FWD
3 Posts
Did 921402M000 worked out for you?

Was the part # 921402M000 the right parts for your Sorento? My local KIA parts shop is selling the dust cover for over $60. But I did not get the part # because I hand up the phone in a hurry after I heard $60.xx

921402M000

·
Registered
2015 Sorento
364 Posts
Well that was nice of you. All you have to say is thanks and move on, hanging up is not going to make them change there price. You trying to prove something?

92140 1U100 For XM Sorento's built from 1/08/2010 to 1/31/2013. Retail $29.00 +-

92140 2M000 For XM Sorento's built from 10/26/2009 to 12/14/2009. Retail $8.88 +-

Cobra has some good deals, Id buy from him.

EDIT: Sorry I didnt see cobra posted all the same info. So diddo!

·
Registered
2013 Sorento LX V6 FWD
3 Posts
Not that hurry!

Ha ha. I did say thanks and move on, after I said "Wow, that's expensive!". And he agree with me. I wasn't rude to the nice KIA parts guy. After all, he's got my name, my phone #, and my VIN. And I plan to do business with them for a long time to come. I just regret that I didn't confirm the part # before I hang up.

Not going to paid $120 for a pair of dust covers.

·
Registered
2015 Sorento
364 Posts
Ha ha. I did say thanks and move on, after I said "Wow, that's expensive!". And he agree with me. I wasn't rude to the nice KIA parts guy. After all, he's got my name, my phone #, and my VIN. And I plan to do business with them for a long time to come. I just regret that I didn't confirm the part # before I hang up.

Not going to paid $120 for a pair of dust covers.
Oh gotcha, the way you wrote it seemed like you were rude. I have been on that side of the phone many a times, and its annoying when folks get made at me for the prices as if the parts guys controll that stuff. To a small extent they can but everall they dont make the prices.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts