Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Soul + automatic
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I turn on the parking lights an indicator lights up on on the instrument cluster.

However, when I turn on the headlights, there isn't an indicator that lights up.

Am I missing something? The headlights are more important than the parking lights. When I first bought the vehicle, I turned the parking lights on thinking that they were the headlights.
I don't think I have ever seen a vehicle that did not have an indicator for the headlights.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Soul
2 Posts
You are missing something....

The indicator that shows on the dash is for parking and headlamps... if you look on the turn signal stick you will see it shows 2 positions as well as the off setting... yes the indicator comes on the dash in either position.... I know that in some states it is not even legal to drive with "Parking Lamps" ONLY illuminated... for me that hardest thing to get used to was having dash lights on all the time... if you are out in the afternoon and drive into dusk or later sometimes it is hard to remember to actually turn the Headlights on.... I know it sounds weird but I know I see lots of people driving after dark without headlights on.... and when you pull up beside them the dash is lit up so nice... :(

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,532 Posts
you must be pretty young jwblue, I've been driving for over 50 years I can't recall owning a vehicle that showed me when the headlights were on, other than for high beam, and when you turn on the lights the instrumentation lights come on (and the fact you can't see very well), but that will activate with the "parking lights" too.

Just remember to turn the switch two clicks each time, so that you do not have just the "parking lights" on.
It maybe also an indicator for us here in Canada who have DRL's so that we know to turn on the lights as dusk. DRL's only light at the front, so you have no taillights lit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts