Kia Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Rio5 EX
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone removed the headlight housing before. It seems the only way to get to certain bulbs is to completely detach it. Please instruct if you have. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2012 Black Kia Rio5 SX w/ Nav, 2005 Honda Odyssey EX
190 Posts
No need to remove the housing. You just need two hands in some cases where you use both index fingers.

·
Registered
2012 Black Kia Rio5 SX w/ Nav, 2005 Honda Odyssey EX
190 Posts
Remove the plastic vent (at least that's what it looks like). Remove 2 plastic snap-on screws out of the 5 or so on the top of the front grill. Then pull up the plastic piece. It is just sitting on top of the vent. Once off, you'll have a little more room to work with.

·
Registered
6 Posts
All,

I am trying to follow above steps...but how do I safely remove the mounting clips mentioned in 2) above. I have already broken 1 clip:eek:

...dont know whether to bluntly pull, twist, push from below ect. Any hints?

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio SLS
95 Posts
If all you are doing is changing bulbs you don't need to remove anything.

I have changed all the bulbs without removing anything to get at them.
Just takes a bit of swearing and lots of patience :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am changing the headlamps to OEM LED type. Therefore they need to come out...but I am struggling with the clips mentioned under 2) above.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio SLS
95 Posts
Those clips are little bastards.....you have to make the centre piece pop up using a flat head screw driver. Then they will release easy as :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Got it fixed now - thanks for the advice on popping up the clips. The LED lamps looks NICE:cool:

I sourced the OEM items from South Korea...found them on eBay International for $749 + shipping. Great upgrade as the lowbeam is much better than for non LED type.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have 2012 kia Rio5 LX I am trying to change headlights to HID. I can't get connecting wire loose from back of bulb. I read someone said use a flathead screw driver. I'm getting frustrated with this whole process.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I need to remove headlight housing

I have 2012 kia rio5 and Im trying to change the bulbs. I cant get the old bulb out ive tried everything. I have to get the housing off the car. The instructions on removing the housings are very vague. No actual detailed diagram. Can someone please post detailed turn by turn instructions on removing headlight bulb and housing plz. thank you

1 - 16 of 16 Posts