Kia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally found out how to fix my headlights and now I have another problem. The little motor that raises and lowers the reflector on the left side, doesn't work. How do I wire this up to see if it's dead or is there a specific fuse that feeds the motor? Where would such a fuse be hiding? The motor on the right headlight works just fine. The design of the headlight mechanism is just delightful. Could the removal of the motor by a so called "technician" damage it?

:mellow: Wedge

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I guess US and Canadian Sportage's are grossly inferior to those that cruise the Outback here in the GREATEST country on Earth, Australia !!!!
huh?.............huh? ...............Huh?? :grin:

Wedge, short for Wedgetail Eagle
By the way, did you know that the wedgetail of Australia is twice the size of that baldy bird of yours? :lol:

Wedge

·
Registered
9 Posts
Originally posted by wedge@Feb 3 2005, 11:48 PM
I finally found out how to fix my headlights and now I have another problem. The little motor that raises and lowers the reflector on the left side, doesn't work. How do I wire this up to see if it's dead or is there a specific fuse that feeds the motor? Where would such a fuse be hiding? The motor on the right headlight works just fine. The design of the headlight mechanism is just delightful. Could the removal of the motor by a so called "technician" damage it?

:mellow: Wedge
hi ya wedge hows it hangin mate.....
i have the exact same problem... i managed to remove and check the motors.
i think it is a unreliable wiring problem i wouldn,t suggest letting a mechanic at the motors unless you are in full supervision, i would try it myself if i were you it is like removing the globes them selves, very fiddly, i found out the motos come out by twisting/screw motion yet putting them back where they came from is agreat hassle, good luck, for the moment i dd without the beam level adjustment,, by the way any info about setting the correct lightbeam level for Australia! I know how to adjust these it is abit fiddly fitting a small screw driver, ciao mate.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.