Kia Forum banner

Headlight bulb retaining clip on 05 Spectra

35K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  DavesSpectra 
Headlight bulb retaining clip on 04 KIA Spectra

I know what you mean about the clip going TWANG. I found it was cumbersome to do when the headlight was mounted in the car. What works best is getting the headlight assembly unmounted and work on it that way. Here's my post below about removing the headlight assembly, bulb and clip. Also when putting the clip back the end of the clip with the turn in it feed that under the brass clip on the left side then place the flattened end (opposite of the bend end) in the notch near the right side screw then tighten the right side screw.

I found the best way was to Remove the 2 10mm bolts on the top of the headlight assembly and the 1 10mm nut on the stud on the inner side of the headlight assembly. You have to push from the back and pull the assembly out towards the center of the car to dislodge the headlight assembly. The assembly will only come far enough out based on the wire assemblies length. Once the assembly is out you can flip it down to access the bulbs. Remove the plastic cap by turning a quarter turn. Disconnect the wire assembly. There are 3 screws inside, but only 2 are used to hold the spring clip. Observe how the spring clip is positioned before removing it. Loosen the phillips screw on the right side a few turns and hold on to it and it will loosen to be taken out. If you don't hold on to it it could fly out and end up elsewhere. Now the bulb is loosely cradled in the socket just take it out. Apply dielectric grease to the bulb contacts (optional). Do not touch the glass of the bulb. Place bulb back into the cradle. Put the left side of the spring clip under the brass retaining clip and position the right side in the notch next to the right side screw and tighten screw. Attach connector to bulb connections. Place headlight assembly back into car and line up the stud to go into clear hole. Tighten bolts. Job done.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.