Kia Forum banner

Headlight Bulb Change Picanto

16K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Kneeler 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I'm a new member from Denmark. Cool site - and quite informative. However, I did not succeed yet in changing my headlight bulbs. :(

The small W5W park/side lights are OK to change when removing the front bumper as described by member Jesus.... but I cannot change the repeater/blinkers bulbs nor the H4 headlight bulbs.

It seems like the lamp units are "fixed in the bottom" of the light housing. I have loosened the 2 screws but something is making the light housing stucked.

I am planning to change the 5W parking light bulbs into 4 x white LEDs by 6000 K. This is running on my wife's car, a Skoda Fabia, and it looks quite cool almost like Xenon.

The blinkers/repeaters are going to be changed to either chrome bulbs or the Osram with the bluish shade. :grin:

Can anybody help me? :eek:

#4 ·
Hey Murphiz and Completechimp,

Thanks for helping me! I am having summer vacation soon, so I know what one of my projects will be - bulb replacement :D

BTW thanks to member Jesus for the very good description of removing the front grille. The job was much easier than I ever expected!

Have a nice day,
Kneeler

#6 ·
Hi Wannakia,

I've tried to find the link member Jesus has made - but to no avail. He made a description as a MS Word file with photos telling you which screws you have to remove.

It looks quite difficult but my own experience is that it's easier than it looks. I'll check out on my private computer if I have the file on my hard drive. ;)

The description came in quite handy as I am considering doing something about that silly grille... considering painting it black/anthracite as my car is liquid silver.

Cheers,
Kneeler

#7 ·
Originally posted by Kneeler@Jul 13 2005, 05:48 AM
Hi Wannakia,

I've tried to find the link member Jesus has made - but to no avail. He made a description as a MS Word file with photos telling you which screws you have to remove.

It looks quite difficult but my own experience is that it's easier than it looks. I'll check out on my private computer if I have the file on my hard drive. ;)

The description came in quite handy as I am considering doing something about that silly grille... considering painting it black/anthracite as my car is liquid silver.

Cheers,
Kneeler

hi kneeler, we await your good news on the instructions... i am also thinking of DIY'ing my front Grill... :thumbsup:

#10 ·
Sorry for awakening this old topic...but... I never succeeded in finding that clips next to the wing.

I've removed the entire front at described by member Jesus - but just to learn that the light housing is fixed to some black plastic material which I can see from the wheel well when using a torch.

Tried to use a sharp screw driver but didn't have the luck in getting the lamp housing out.

Can anybody help me?

Thanks in advance :right:

Cheers,
Kneeler

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.