Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Grand Carnival VQ
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

I'm trying to sort out two issues. The first is that I broke the bolt mounts on one of my headlight assemblies. The complication is that in Australia, the 2007 model (mine) has an H1 fitting for high beam, H7 for low beam. I can get new headlight assemblies, but I assume that most wrecked VQs assemblies will have the newer headlight globe (H4 or H11)? But do the all of the 2007-14 VQs use the same electrical connectors for the headlights?

Also, has anybody had any luck with headlight voltage regulators? I use a lot of higher end headlights, like the Philips Nightbreaker 150s, due to there being fifty million types of wildlife in my area. Obviously these ones are more fragile, but they should be lasting more than 2,000kms (though they do make it to 10,000 sometimes)?

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L
11,609 Posts
Hi guys

I'm trying to sort out two issues. The first is that I broke the bolt mounts on one of my headlight assemblies. The complication is that in Australia, the 2007 model (mine) has an H1 fitting for high beam, H7 for low beam. I can get new headlight assemblies, but I assume that most wrecked VQs assemblies will have the newer headlight globe (H4 or H11)? But do the all of the 2007-14 VQs use the same electrical connectors for the headlights?

Also, has anybody had any luck with headlight voltage regulators? I use a lot of higher end headlights, like the Philips Nightbreaker 150s, due to there being fifty million types of wildlife in my area. Obviously these ones are more fragile, but they should be lasting more than 2,000kms (though they do make it to 10,000 sometimes)?
Please add location and vehicle (year & model) to your signature
With the recent forum platform change, the location and vehicle details in your profile no longer show in each post.

eg.
USA
2019 Sportage 2.7L V6 SX turbo AWD

https://www.kia-forums.com/account/signature

1 - 2 of 2 Posts